“All inclusive family holiday at the Athos Palace Holel” 4 of 5 stars

Athos Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kassandra, Kallithea 63077, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kallithea
London, England, United Kingdom
“All inclusive family holiday at the Athos Palace Holel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This holiday was just what we needed as a family. The facilities were clean, well organised and very good value for money. Our teenagers loved the water sports and the local clubs (which do not encroach on the site) whilst we enjoyed the Wine festival and the various activities offered each day. What a beautiful setting! Will def return.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea facing room - a wonderful view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a great time in Athos Palace. Rooms were great, the facilities were very good and the employees were very friendly. I will definately choose this hotel for my next visit in the area of Chalkidiki.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The room (superior) was very big and with a beautifull view. The maids cleaned the room between 3.00 pm-5.00 pm, when we wanted to rest and that was annoying. The food was good, but you felt like you had to finish eating in 5 minutes, because the waiters stood literally over your head ready to take away the plate in front of you. The meal was served from 12.30 until 14.30, one day we went to eat at 14.15 and while we were eating, at 14.45 the waiters told us that we had to leave because the restaurant was closing. The sea in front of the hotel was rocky but in front of the pallini hotel nearby it was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked here al inclusive in summer of 2005. Very disappointed! We arrived at the hotel at about 10.p.m. We were starved! The told us that we have missed dinner ....and that it!, although we have payed for thay day! Very rude! After long complains about this they made us some very un- tasty sandwiches - bread ham and butter! We got a room in the 7-th floor. It was a big room with a double bed and a sofa. The rooms on the upper floors were recently renovated. Our friends got rooms on Other level and they were terrible. Air con did not work, the bathroom small and untidy. During meals, the waiter brings the soft drinks at tables in very small glasses. I don' t know why they don't alow the customers to help themselves with that! The poor waiter had to carry a lots o glasses for so many times! As long is summertime and people need lots of watter to drink!
Many old people in this hotel! I dont mind the elderly but as long we are young we want some entartainment! And the hotel is 3 km away from the center of Kalithea, a bit isolated!

So, in Greece, do not take all inclusive, it is not as good as in Turkey.
Book in hotel which is in the center of the resorts, otherwise you' ll feel isolated.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Not even a 'Welcome' when we arrived. We got a smoking room, even though we'd asked for a non smoking. We had to struggle to get our free Wi-Fi. Air conditioning didn't work well. 'All inclusive' didn't include much, just the basics. Worst of all was the staff's attitude and service.

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Please think twice about booking this hotel, I actually refused to check into it the rooms are terrible and as pictured in the brochure. Prison food is better than the slop that is served here, I have eaten out in the nearby towns every night where the standard has been lovely. I have transferred to the theophanos princess next door where the rooms are nice but still poor quality food. The only good thing is the location on the beach and the friendly and helpfully staff.
Please please do not book the Athos it will spoil your holiday and waste your money.

Room Tip: Theophanos princess hotel has nicer rooms than the athos palace
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have just returned from this "hotel", where i neede to stay 11 days with my 2 kids... I've been to hundreds of hotels all over the world, on all continents, even to an excellent hotel in Halikidiki, just 15 kilometers away from this.
I have never met this or imagine it could be, never expected that there could be such rude and disgusting attitude to customers.

The staff is just awful!!!

I wonder where to start from:

1. At arrival (I am obvious a mom with two kids) I asked for a CALM room. They gave me with a hypocratic smile a key. The room happened to be on the last floor with sea view, facing the "olimpic" pool with all-day-long animation programme.

2. There was NO AIRCONDITIONING, outside was 36 degrees C, on the last floor it felt like 40. I asked about this, the answer was: "Yes, we know. It is not working. There will be airconditioning WITHIN FEW DAYS. Whya don't you open the door? (!!?!!)" "Because peaople are screaming like crazy with the animators and my kids would like to sleep!" The next answer: "Animation is ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT!" (OK, explain this to my 4-year-old... :-()

3. I asked for another room or my money back. The answer was: "No other rooms sorry! You are loosing my time!" (That is your JOB ?!?!?!!!!). Fortunately another receptionist came and he gave us a "calm" room. Still no aircondioning, but at least calm.

4. On the next day there was airconditioning, I believed we can start enjoing but...

5. There is NO kids swimmingpool, so we had only the beach;

6. The beach of this hotel is too small, with no sun umbrellas, but with a kind of tents, alltogether 20 - you can imagine how 450 people go there ... So I had to buy an umbrella because I do not like the workaround with getting up at 7 AM and run to the beach to place your things somewhere to "reserve" ... and then have 10 people around you on 4 sq. meters;

7. The sea is stony and muddy with a lot of life there ... so the kids could only use the bank :(

8. There was a nice beach, next to this, but everything there was not included, i.e. you needed 8 additional euros per day for an umbrella and chairs ... So we could not used the "included" anything on the beach!

9. We finally came to the STAFF. The only staff that counts for anything are the chambermaids, everyone else is ... just everything else sucks! You are treated like the most terrible invador, everywhere. Especially in the restaurant: rudeness and arrogance everywhere.
I do not care for how their food is (it was not bad) this behavior and attitude kills everything.
Incredible how you ask for a glass of water (at least 5-6 times) and you receive it (if receiving at all) after 45 minutes, if you are still there.
Or, you have ONLY ONE paper serviette and if you dare to ask for one more, you either never get it or get thrown on the table 3-4 more.
Everything is thrown on the table. Waiters scream (??!!!!) on you, take your plate full with food from your hands while you are still eating ... etc, etc.
The most exciting was how the waiter drops down the knife and the fork on an empty table, then takes them from the floor and puts both back on the table (?!?!)

10. There are 4 small elevators for the whole hotel, that are always, always full. It takes 10 minutes usually to go from the reception to the floor ... Fortunately, I do not have a baby or a toddler so we used the stairs, even when I had baggage, but poor moms with trolleys ...

DO NOT GO THERE. It does not worth a single euro of the price! It could not be more terrible anywhere else!

Room Tip: Do not go there! If by chance you are obliged to stay there like me, choose non-last floor (8th) and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Athos Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!