“Back for more!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 55 Activities in Zakynthos
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established 1994. Our beautiful, well bred and well trained horses will take you out on unforgettable rides. Beginners are welcome. Experienced riders can have a cantor or even a gallop on the sand dunes by the beach. All rides are accompanied and supervised by an experienced,English speaking guide, and are fully insured. Ponies are available for children. we provide riding hats and free pick up and drop off service.
Bordon, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Returned last week and it was lovely to see Niko and Mavra again. A bit quiet so just Niko and I went out in the dunes and had such a great, fun ride I went 4 more times in a week!

My roan mare Smaragda looks quite ordinary (lovely of course!) but has the heart and soul of a racehorse! Niko says she is so clever she knows when she has a less experienced rider up and must be a good, quiet girl, but with me she really enjoyed going fast on the sandy tracks in the dunes. A really brilliant horse and a total sweetie. Niko's new grey mare Duchess is a beauty too. See their website and Facebook for photos.

Don't be put off that the "stables" are just a field, and the tack room is a trailer! This is Niko's summer base-camp away from their proper stables and right next to the best countryside and beach. The other stable in the area has to trek quite a distance on the roads to have less than half an hour in Kalamaki dunes but with Niko and Mavra you just have to cross the road and you're there. Sadly still could not ride actually on the beach itself cos it's nearly Turtle time.

The best riding I've had in Greece and I'm looking forward to the next time.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
“Make you feel like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

One of the highlights of our trip! Mavra picked us up at the dock, stopped at a local store and we got some fabulous pastries, and then went to meet the horses. Mine was Bobby. He was gentle and easy to ride. Marya took us on a great ride along the beach and surrounding countryside. After our ride was over, she dropped us at a local restaurant where we enjoyed a great meal. Our fellow cruisers were very envious that we got to experience Zante away from the tourist center and to meet local people who made us feel at home! Highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
Buxton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Agreat day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My daughter and partner are both experienced riders, me a novice, the goffer and chauffer!!
We all went on a ride with Maria, Mavras daughter and were all well catered for and had a fantastic time. The horses are obviously well looked after and much loved, their welfare is without doubt paramount to the owners. Nikos is a character, passionate about horses and a great bloke. My daughter Meg is an excellent rider and Nikos let her school his prized stallion after the ride which she loved, there was no need for him to do this but it made her day.
I would highly recommend a visit for all standards of riders. Nikos, Mavra and Maria were brilliant, I can't sing their praises enough, when we return to Zakynthos we will definitely be paying them another visit. Thanks for a brilliant day.

Chatteris, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience - beautiful well kept horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have founded Laganas Horse Riding Centre on internet and after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor I have decided contact Mavra before arriving to Zakynthos and book my riding. I don’t have much experience in horse riding – I have had few lessons when I was a kid. I am glad I have picked them – we were staying in the hotel next two the range and every day we were passing this place while going to eat in Laganas. Horses are beautiful, looked after really well. Like mentioned previously I have contacted Mavra before arriving on holiday and decided to book an hour riding on 25th September (just a day before our leave date). I have than visited centre and changed the time of my riding and while chatting to Mavra she advised to take some long trousers and proper shoes – otherwise I would just turned up with shorts and flip flops I am regretting a little bit as if I would do that on the beginning of holiday, I would definitely go back to the centre for another hour or two Horse I was riding was very well behaved, scenery where we were riding was beautiful – next to the Kalamaki beach (as on the beach turtles laid their eggs so horses are not allowed). I have made mistake and didn’t take camera with me so if you are going for a ride don’t forget like I did as you will get great shots.
Thanks very much for great experience – I loved it and the only regret is that because it was our last day before returning to UK (were leaving next day morning) I couldn’t return to your range for another riding session. Aga C.

κορυδαλλος
“Thank you!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I would like to thank you for the new experience on my riding. It was unique and memorable.
You, the environment, and the nature of horses, were SOOOO PERFECΤ .
Kisses to my favorite horse "MPAMPHS"

****** do not miss this guys