“Third visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Lefkada
wales
“Third visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is our third visit to the Ionian Star in Lefkada. The hotel was still a great choice. The bedding and towels were frequntly changed by the cleaners who were very polite.The main things for us with this hotel, was the fact it is the only hotel in the town centre with its own swimming pool, the location of the hotel is in the town so it means you dont need taxi's and the town has everything that you need such as bars, shops and restaurants. We plan to go back again in the not to distant future and we wont even bother to look anywhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was going to stay in this hotel on the 24th-26th of April, as I were on a business trip. I have to admit that when I saw the reviews of this hotel, I could never expect what I found!

My experience begun when I took the key to my room... My room was really aged, smell badly and the worst of all was that at along the room door where vests which would close with a door in front of them. The vests' doors in my room were broken and wouldn't close. So, I went downstairs and asked for another room.

The employee looked at me as if I was asking for something really weird and when I explained to him why I was asking for another room he said: "All rooms are like this!" I asked him whether he meant that all the vests' doors wouldn't close. He replied: "Ok, I will give you two rooms to go check yourself, if any of them suits you. If not, we don't have any other rooms."

I just left the room keys and looked for another hotel! I seriously have never been treated worst in a hotel in my whole life!

In general the only thing I can say about this hotel, is that the photos are a fraud and the rooms are nothing like what you see or to be true the 3 rooms that I saw on the 1st floor...

Another note would be that his person was talking to me while he was smoking (in the hotel lobby) by the time he paused the movie he was watching in his laptop!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GiorgosKon K, Director of Sales at Ionion Star Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Madam
I read your review. The receptionist understood your request about the vests. These vests are to ventilate the room. As you mentioned, there is a small door to close them. Because of this broken door in your room, you were given three keys to take a look and choose one room. You didnt. Why? The other rooms didnt have any broken vest door. Also,these rooms are renovated (in the begging i aggre that you maybe took a non renovated room).We have photos from both rooms (renovated and non).
I understand that you didnt want to stay to our hotel no matter what. The receptionist described to you a truth, and the truth is that indeed all our rooms have vests. So i dont know why that has insulted you.
On the other issues, the lobby is an area that smoking is permitted. But i agree with you that the receptionist shouldnt do that in front of a client. For that you have my truly apologies.
To sum up, i think that you are a little bit exaggerated, when you said that you were treated more badly than ever. But beyond this, i promise to you that we will correct any mistakes we made in your case and i apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards
George
Sales manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Rooms: basic rooms, basic facilities available. Bathroom needs referbishing. Noise levels were good despite outside traffic.
Staff: friendly and personable. We obtained useful info on the island and plaes to visit/avoid.
Parking: an ordeal! Impossible to find parking parking spot in August, although some months may be different than others.
Overall: we lined the lounge area and swimming pool. That area of the hotel was refurbished but the rooms were not and looked a bit dated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Eastbourne, East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Clean, friendly basic but perfect for my needs!

Having spent 5 days on a yacht as a guest with a Flotllia skipper and his hostie and another member of staff (they were working VVV hard) I needed to give them their space back and find some quiet in the chaos.

I had already spent a little time by the pool before we had set off for our week of sailing so was familiar with this hotels location and pool and cocktail bar so I knew it was where I wanted to stay on once I had decided I needed to get off the boat.

My needs were simple - Wasp free, air conditioning, my own bed, some outside space (no view required), my own bathroom. I got all of the above for 55 euro's a night. Breakfast was simple continental, but that was more than fine. Its location is really perfect - I would definately stay there again. I really loved Lefkas. And the Greek people could not do enough for you.

The cocktail bar was incredible. Theo is amazing at his art of creating cocktails and I would highly recommend the blue pina coloda- (can't remember its proper name) but it was lower fat (coconut milk instead of cream) although beware - they are potent. No

Room Tip: My room had three beds if you needed a triple... For 55 euros this makes it really good value.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

we stayed at the ionian star the last two weeks of august. the location was excellent and right in the center of the main town.The rooms were very clean and the sheets and towels were changed every day. The breakfast was good and a varied choice. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpfull.The highlight of the stay at the hotel was the pool bar, it was run by a wonderful guy called theodore, this man was a genious with cocktails and people came from all round the island to try them and the art of making the cocktails for him was a passion and a story of how each cocktail evolved was told with every drink,"what a guy". The hotel pool was cleaned every day and was mostly very quiet so a sunbed was easy to get.We will definately be going back especially to see Theodore.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stayed in this hotel one night and found it to be clean, pleasant, well located and with very friendly reception staff. The breakfast was just about OK and lacked atmosphere but apart from that it was a lovely place to stay over with pretty views.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I can't say nothing bad about this hotel! Location: city center, with great view to sea and the park. Room: very clean. I have never seen cleaner room! With tv, a/c, big bathroom, a litle lobby, double door, modern furniture, balcony, mini bar, telephone. An amazing swimming pool and 24 hours reception. It has not parking, but there is place to park your car. In addition, the price was very good, because I book it from the travel agency! Don't miss them! I recommend the hotel absolutely. Have nice time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Ionion Star Hotel? Share your experiences!