“Basic hotel in the heart of the main strip” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lefkimi Hotel to your Saves list
Lefkimi Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   | Kavos, 49080, Greece   |
Ranked #217 of 426 Hotels in Corfu
“Basic hotel in the heart of the main strip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a weeks break at the lefkimi hotel. It's very basic, bed and breakfast although this is served 7-9am so we never actually saw what it was like. Pool area was best part of hotel but the staff were very strict, we weren't aloud to move our sun loungers when the sun moved during the day, we were told to move to a different chair!! Maria who works on reception was miserable, and spoke to every one like they were children, even telling us what to do with our clothes when we unpacked! our room wasn't cleaned on one day, and as you can't flush toilet roll down the toilet, you had to put it in a bin, this seemed a bit unhiegenic, also didn't get clean towels every day. You have to pay 50 euros for a weeks air conditioning, if you choose not to and want to leave the balcony doors open, you'll be bitten alive by mozzies and also have to listen to music coming from the bars outside until 6am everyday! As its right on the main strip, it's easy access to all the restaurants and bars and the beach is just around the corner, although watch out if you come back with a bit of sand on your feet, because Maria will take you around the side of the hotel and shower you down with a hose pipe!! Very strange!!! Go to this hotel if you are under the age of 25 with a group of mates who are looking to party all night and sleep all day! Don't go to this hotel if you are over 25, a family or if you go to bed before 6am!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is the worst place anyone could ever stay on the planet! Good rooms and location right on the strip but the service is just appalling. You'd think with the women being English she would be a bit nicer to you but NO! My friends left the hotel early because it was that bad. In the middle of the day sleeping the owner came into the room and physically tried to drag me out of bed!! Because we had a friend sleeping in there! THEY ARE RUDE/INTIMIDATING/HORRIFIC EXCUSE FOR HUMAN BEINGS! A friend of mine had a horrific experience was shaken up and traumatised and they wouldn't even let her stay in the reception for 2 minutes whilst we got belongings! This hotel will ruin your holiday! DON'T STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We ended up in this hotel as a result of poor research. Kavos is an absolute dump not intended for families or couples at all.
This hotel is actually one of the nicer places in Kavos, but that's not saying all that much. The staff were really helpful when we arrived and tried their best to find us a quite room, but that's not really possible.
We booked bed and breakfast, but the breakfast is a bit of a joke - 2 pieces of toast with a choice of strawberry jam or nothing. I imagine most guests never make breakfast.
Air con is a very expensive optional extra, which was not made clear to us at the time of booking.

Room Tip: Some of the back rooms are a bit quieter, but get no view at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Myself and my cousin Just returned from staying in the Lefkimi for 7 nights.. Firstly I would not advise anybody to waste their money and stay in this hotel, the rooms are very basic, the bathroom is a nightmare no shower curtain and there isn't a hook to hold shower whilst showering so u have to hold the pole in your hand and try and soap your body. When doing so the floor gets extremely wet!!!!! Horrible!!! Then the cleaners complain that there are marks on the floor strange people! If you get make up or any stains on the towels and bed linen they will charge you £20 euros??! How do they expect no marks its impossible when they only change the towels and sheets once a week kmt!! Secondly if your black you defiantly do not want to stay there as they are racist!!! Especially the manager and Maria they haven't any people skills at all the only person that dealt with any issues in a professional manner was Aris. If it wasn't for him I think I would have ended up in a police station!!!

Thirdly do not go to Kavos if you are over 23, it's mainly for the younger ones I'm 27 and everyone was from 18 - 23!!!

If you have a late flight u will have to check out of your room by 12 noon and if u want a late check out u will have to pay 40 euros which we did! And I wasn't very happy about this.. Who wants to be on the street in 42 degrees heat waiting for 13 hours untill your flight so if u stay here you will end up paying that 40 euros.

To sum it all up worst holiday ever!!

Do not stay in the Lefkimi hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staff are rude hotel is dirty, and the breakfast, well the toast is like cardboard and the tea tastes the urine, and there isnt any air con in the communal areas!!!!!!! Also u have to pay 50 euros for aircon in ur room the week!! Waste of time and money do not stay here!!!

SS

• Stayed August 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had previously read some of the reviews for this hotel and got a bit worried by some of the horror stories! We were introduced to our room upon arrival by Aris the night time hotel receptionist who was really friendly and helpful throughout our two week stay. As soon as we arrived we found a cute little lizard in the shower which I put under a cup and put outside, this made me think that we would get all sorts of creatures in our hotel room throughout the two weeks however other than a few ants, we didn't have any nasty cockroaches or any more lizards!

The hotel room was basic and only had a fridge as it was a B&B though the plug for the fridge was often unplugged as we needed to use it for the hair straighteners! There was plenty of cupboard space for clothes and food as well as lots of coat hangers although there was no cutlery, plates or cups. Whilst things in the room were obviously ld and worn, they all worked. We first encountered a problem when our tap wouldn't turn off but we reported it and someone turned up to fix it straight away. A light bulb also blew which when we reported, was changed in a couple of hours. The bathroom was fine, the shower didn't have any curtains and was a hold-it-yourself job which meant the whole bathroom floor became drenched after every shower but would easily drain away. The bathroom door had no lock which meant you have to trust your room mate! No toilet roll down the toilet in Greece so there was a bin provided which the maid emptied every day. Our maid came every (or every other, I can't actually remember) afternoon about 1pm. She would mop the floor, tidy up in general and empty the bins. I did throw up all over the floor and wall on my second night which the maid cleared up without any hassle the next day! We did buy some chips one evening, leave them on the table in our room to eat cold the next day to wake up to find the maid had been in and thrown them away which we were not too pleased about although our maid was lovely, gave us a cuddle goodbye at the end of our stay but we had heard reports on a 'nasty maid' but we never met her. We did have to keep getting toilet rolls from the reception as the maid would see we had half a roll left and didn't give us another to keep us going to the next day!

We paid 90 euros at the start of our stay for two weeks worth of air conditioning which worked out as about £3 per person per day which was definitely worth it after going on a hot walk or trying to get ready to go out in the heat, we would leave it on overnight and wake up freezing cold so I'd use a towel as a sheet although you can adjust the temperature to any between the temperature without air con, and 16 degrees. The lights, some plug sockets and air con only worked when the key was in the slot which means we would have to wait for the air con to start up, we could not walk in and it immediately be cold!

One thing that wasn't great was one morning we woke up, my friend had accidentally got marker pen from her hand onto the pillow case. I had got the smallest amount of mascara on mine (which definitely washes out easily). One member of staff showed us, and demanded £5 each there and then. We paid and asked if we could keep the pillow cases on our pillows as we did not want to ruin any more, she said no and couldn't give us a decent reason, took the cases and left. This is clearly because they would quite like us to ruin more cases to charge us more money, I'm sure they would have washed mine to remove the mascara and re-used it without a doubt. We then kept a towel over our pillows in order not to get any more makeup on them, the maid would make our beds every day with the towels round them!

Breakfast was between 7am and 9am, it was warm bread, not quite toast, with butter and jam though we could have as much as we wanted if we ate it all! Coffee, tea and orange squash (not juice) was the drinks option. We made it to 3 breakfasts out of 14 as were usually in bed. We bought crisps from local shops and made crisp sandwiches with the bread/toast for breakfast instead. We also took the butter, jam and a knife from breakfast to our rooms incase we needed them. What we didn't realise until about day 11 was that if we needed hot water, reception would give us some (we bought pot noodles and they added the hot water for us) so the last 3 days we lived off of pot noodles! I can see why they don't want to shout about giving us hot water though as the whole hotel would swarm around reception asking for it!

The pool was basic but did the job, we spent every day from 1pm to 6pm there. The pool closed at half 6 by which time it is in the shade any way. You cannot use the towels from the hotel by the pool or a member of staff would come and tell you off, nor can you get in the pool after getting sandy from the beach or go in the pool after hours as I found out. The pool bar was fine, we often ate the food from there which was averagely priced- chips, cheese and beans was our favourite for 3.30 euros. You were not allowed food or drink bought from elsewhere around the pool area which was bit annoying when I wanted some plain water I had to go back to my room to drink some! The pool area was slippery and I often slipped or watched others slip! Our room was on the ground floor with a balcony/terrace area by the pool area where we kept our lilo we bought on day 3, which by day 5 was taken from our balcony area without our permission by some idiot from Bolton we nicknames 'fingers', we didnt really see the lilo again.

The room keys were to be kept at reception in a wooden shelving unit behind the main desk every time we went out or even too the pool which we ended up just getting ourselves as the staff knew us by day 2!! Also behind the desk was our safety deposit boxes, the key to which was our responsibility to look after. The staff claimed that the desk was never left unattended but at times, it was. So much so that my friend actually went behind the desk, unlocked our safety deposit box, got what she wanted from it and re-locked it before anyone came back to the desk. This shows that anyone could easily get any key from the hotel and enter a room however there may be cameras, I've no idea as I didn't check!

There are 4 computers in reception which I often used for a minimum of 50 cents for 10 minutes, fairly fast connection. I used it to upload my photos to my facebook from my camera using a USB lead to save me losing my camera on a night out, along with all our holiday snaps! One evening the computers decided all to play up, I told the receptionist who went a bit mad in front of me and ended up throwing the mouse at the computer screens more than once, was a little shocking!

Having other people that are staying at the hotel in your room is fine but if you try to bring someone else into your room then the receptionists don't let you, unless it's whilst the reception is unmanned and a few minutes, then you can just sneak them in.

Tango bar is joined onto the hotel and we only went there once as it wasn't that busy and the man that ran it had previously made me feel a bit uncomfortable as the first time I met him, he put his hands on my waist and referred to me as 'sexy baby' or something along those lines, eugh.

Prior to coming I was a bit worried about the location of the hotel being right on the strip however I couldn't have been happier with it, we were in and out about 3 times every night to get alcohol from our fridge, straighten our hair or to change into our bikinis for a late night dip in the sea! The hotel is about a 2 minute walk from the beach and a 10 second walk to the nearest club/bar !! The music wasn't even that loud considering the location and wouldn't bother any young person on a clubbing holiday!

Our transfer wasn't until 12.30am, we had to leave our room at 12 midday the previous day so we decided to pay 20 euros between us to keep our room until 7pm although air con was taken from us at midday. We put our suitcases by reception as they don't have a room or anywhere more safe to keep them though mine was padlocked so I had no worries- my friend's wasn't but there were no problems when we returned at midnight after saying bye to all of our new friends!

Overall the hotel was brilliant value for 8 euros a day per person, the staff were mainly lovely and Aris was the best, helpful, friendly and I could have long chats with about anything in Kavos, or even our lives!! Would recommend this hotel to any young person wanting to have a brilliant time in Kavos, perfect location, brilliant value for money, it had all I needed!!

Congratulations to anyone who read this novel as I had nothing better to do with my life now that I'm not in Kavos, waaaaa :-(

Room Tip: Get one on the ground floor! no stairs!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Well we were a bit skeptical at first due to some bad reviews, I thought the hotel was clean and well presented for the price, The staff were friendly and 24 hour reception for security reasons, money and personal belongings could be left in the safety deposit boxes which were helpful.

The pool area was well maintained and cheap food and beer, the location was slap bang in the middle of the action, we were coming in at 8am every morning so i would assume it was loud at night but come on this is Kavos!! Only noise during the day was made from a local called dave excell with his drill and 3 speeds.

Overall i would definitely stay here again and Kavos!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had read a few bad reviews, so we arrived hoping for at least our moneys worth. Lefkimi was everything i could of hoped for and more, the staff are absolute angels and Aris was the highlight of my entire holiday! The rooms are just what you need, and are cleaned daily. The location on strip was perfect, smack bang in the middle. There was no dodgey off roads, the entrance was all out in the open so it felt safe to walk back alone at night, especially when you'd be greeted by Aris, who without failure learns your room number in a few days. S E X club is right up next to the hotel, but to be honest, most nights i was either to drunk to stay awake and hear it, or i'd still be out by the time the music finished, so don't worry too much about noise! The best clubs and bars in Kavos are also extremely close, Atlantis, Rolling stone and Futures are all basically next door to you. Also, as Lefkimi guests you get 15% off Desperados resturant which is very close, and it was the nicest meal we had out there. The breakfast is nothing amazing but if you're still up you may as well eat for free. The pool and bar are lovely, and there's a few computers with internet access for ten cents if you're missing home. If you have any problems the staff are happy to help, and I can't say enough about Aris and Maria! Don't be put off by bad reviews, Lefkimi is a lovely hotel and i intend to return next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lefkimi Hotel? Share your experiences!