“Great even in November” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arcadion Hotel

You added Arcadion Hotel to your Saves list
Arcadion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, Vlasopoulou Str. & 44, Kapodistriou Str. - Liston, 49100, Greece   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #83 of 427 Hotels in Corfu
4.0 of 5 stars 100 Reviews
Denver, Colorado
“Great even in November”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have frequented the Arcadion during summer travels. We stayed in November and found it every bit as welcoming and delightful as in high season. Much to the credit of the management, they worked with us to assure our preferred room and were flexible with our arrangements as we struggled to travel during a general strike. Hoping to return in April!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Nice good value hotel with a very central location in Corfu town. Staff very helpful and friendly. Due to central location., it can be a little noisy outside. We had a great view of the old fort from our balcony. Beds were a bit too firm for my liking. Breakfast buffet was ok. Espresso machine was a nice touch.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Just spent one night here and wish we had more. Room was lovely, staff so helpful n friendly.
We had room with balcony over looking the fort n loved just watching the world go by. Would defo go again!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Theale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night, the hotel is comfortable and the staff are helpful. Do not be put off with the McDonalds below we found the windows shut out any noise. Breakfast was good value and had a selection to suit all tastes.

The hotel is well maintained and the décor suits the building it was just right for our purposes as a stop over, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
spinyian, Διευθυντής at Arcadion Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2014
Thank you for your time and kind review.

Yiannis Spingos
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

I have mixed feelings for Arcadion..

My initial impression was quite negative to be honest. When booking the room, I had three preferences: a non smoking room, a quite room not facing the main square and a double bed. I was surprised to see that they didn't bother to meet any of them. We got a smoking room, with three beds, facing the main square. Even though the noise wasn't an issue, it was disappointing that no effort was made to accommodate our preferences, especially since we hadn't made a last minute booking.

The room itself was clean but failed to impress us. Just a typical room at a clean hotel. I guess what differentiates it from any other average room is the rock hard, uncomfortable bed! I would pay no more than 40 to 50 euros per night for this room... Definitely not worth the 100 euros we ended up paying per night!

The prices must be high because of Arcadion's location.. It couldn't be at a more central spot and it is a great base to explore the picturesque old town of Corfu. So I would still recommend it to those of you who are going there for few days and are only interested in seeing the old town. However, Corfu is a big island and you definitely need a car to visit its beaches and it's other locations worth seeing. Please note that parking the car anywhere near the hotel was not an option for us, and on top of that, driving in the old town of Corfu can be very stressful. So if you are looking for a base to explore the island with a car, look elsewhere. I am sure you will either be able to find a superb room at the same price or a same quality room at less than half the price.

To be fair, I have to mention that both me and my partner found the breakfast amazing! You have a variety of options, including a healthy breakfast with fresh fruits and muesli and a fried one along with a selection of cakes and pastries. Also the coffee variety was very good as well.

To sum up, if you only want to explore the old town of Corfu and if you don't have any high expectations of your room, book Arcadion for convenience. If not, look elsewhere and don't throw your money away.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

spinyian, Διευθυντής at Arcadion Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your review. Please notice that when you make a reservation through an O.T.A you send a direct reservation with your requests which are subject to availability. The best way to make a reservation, is to send an email directly to the hotel in order to make sure that all your requests will be fulfilled. We are fully booked on summer period so we do our best to make happy all our guests. You didn't get a double bedded room but you got a nice from view room with balcony. Our beds have certified orthopedic mattresses and meet our standards. Thank you again for your time and I hope to see you again.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

We stayed at the Arcadion for only two nights as we were travelling onwards but were totally delighted with every aspect. Our holiday was our honeymoon and I had requested Champagne on arrival. Not only did we get the Champagne but also a huge platter of fruits and were upgraded to a top floor suite overlooking the old fortress. All staff were lovely and friendly at all times and made our stay very memorable. Perfect location and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Phil & Zofia

Room Tip: Facing the Old Fortress is a beautiful view, especially from the top floor!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
spinyian, Διευθυντής at Arcadion Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear Madam & Sir,

I send you again our best wishes for your new life and we hope to see you again.

Thank you for finding time to write a review.

Yiannis
Seal Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

In reserving a room via Booking.com I reserved for one date. Upon my check-in the front desk man informed me my reservation was for the night before, my credit card had been charged and essentially get out, we have no availability for tonight in front of ~6 hotel guests! The desk man was not even open for discussion that this could have been an oversight, just get out! Extremely embarrassing, rude and of course I did not book the wrong date, I need a place to stay while on travels. The location sucks! I drove passed this hotel literally ~6 times for I never imagined the hotel would be above a McDonald's fast food Restaurant which smelled like hamburgers! Who would want to smell greasy french fries while in their ~150 Euro hotel room?! Not me. After Hotel Arcadion refusing me a room, I had to rent a car (cost ~65 Euro), drive ~30 miles and spend ~180 Euro in addition to the ~150 Euro Hotel Arcadion charged me for this over sight. SO, all in all had to spend ~330 Euro for a front desk man to humiliate me in front of other hotel guests. PASS ON THIS HOTEL! Corfu has better hotels to offer maybe the Hotel Cavielleri down the street?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Yiannis S, General Manager at Arcadion Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Kimm,

Thank you for your review.

I have sent you the .pdf file through booking.com indicating that your reservation #835858360 was for the night of 8th August 2014 and not for the night of 9th August as your claim (thats why you didn't get any refund as you wish).

Also, we have informed booking.com customer care service regarding your case.

The gentleman at front desk kindly informed you that your reservation was for the previous night and we were fully booked for the night of 9th August.

Regarding McDonalds, please notice that Corfu town is an Unesco monument and for operating any bussiness, must comply with strict standards.

Yiannis

Been to Arcadion Hotel? Share your experiences!