Pythos is isolated and quiet - perfect for what we wanted. No kids, no "18-30" type travellers just likeminded people looking for a peaceful relaxing holiday. The family that run Pythos made us very welcome. If you want to get out and about a car or scooter is a must - we hired a car for 300 euros for 10 days and had a fab time driving round the island finding secluded beaches and out of the way tavernas for long relaxing lunches. Please note that you have to give way when you are on a roundabout!!! The apartments themselves are basic but very clean and well maintained. We took a travel kettle to make tea and had breakfast in the apartment. The equipment provided is adequate. Some people were making full-on meals in their rooms, but we were on holiday - no cooking for us! More often than not we had the pool to ourselves. The beach (Ammes) is a good 10-15 minute walk - longer on the way back! Sunbeds are 6 euros and there is the Tropicana cafe at the top of the beach. Went into Argostoli and saw the loggerhead turtles which was an unexpected treat.
Our highlights were Assos, Fiscardi, Dum Spiros Taverna (so much food!!!) and Aphordite Taverna on Greek Night.
- Also Known As:
- Pythos Apartments Hotel
- Pythos Apartments Hotel Cephalonia
- Pythos Apartments Greece/Ionian Islands - Cephalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in attractive gardens, these apartments in separate blocks enjoy a quiet and peaceful location. In this beautiful elevated setting surrounded by olive trees and gardens you will enjoy a relaxing holiday. Pythos is located between Svoronata and Ammes beach and is surrounded by several fine beaches of golden sand, sliding gently into turquoise waters. Just beyond the village, a side road winds down the hillside for 2 kilometres to the lovely uncrowded sandy beach, Avithos. The attractive resort of Lassi (5-6 kilometres away) has two superb beaches of soft pale sand, shelving gently into crystal clear water, which are among the best beaches anywhere in Greece (Makris & Platis Yialos). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Pythos Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.