“A Beautiful Experience in Kefalonia” 5 of 5 stars

My Little Place On the Hill
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Korianna, Leivatho, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 91 Cephalonia B&B and Inns
Coggeshall, United Kingdom
“A Beautiful Experience in Kefalonia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We cannot rate My Little Place On The Hill highly enough. We were pretty sure that we would love it from the details and photographs on their website but it far exceed our our expectations.
Our accommodation was spacious and stylish but also had an abundance of special and beautiful details, as did the entire grounds. I have never before seen such bespoke elements such as our names on our door, door bells, pebbles etc. The list goes on....
It is truly unique.
The view is stunning; St George's castle, lit up at night in full view just across from the pool (a good reference point for navigation), mountains, 'greenery' and spectacular quiet/solitary beaches.
The owners, Alex and Vicky are laid back which adds to the relaxing feel of the place but at the same time they are so helpful and accommodating. Sandra who works there is lovely too, and a joy to chat to as well as taking care of guest's 'needs'. All have good knowledge of Kefalonia and will make suggestions based on what you would like from your holiday. Just a case of chatting and gleaning information. The best way in my view...
Everyone is different, of course, but I believe that the best way to enjoy a holiday is to explore and inquire; talk to other people about their experiences/loves/'dislikes'...
It is lovely that My Little Place On The Hill has a bar and a bar-b-q night as it provides the opportunity to mingle and meet people. Most apartment accommodation can be a little too solitary (just my opinion). I love the privacy and freedom that apartments offer but it can be lacking in the social aspect. My Little Place On The Hill Offers the best of both. The bar is there if you want it; else you retire to your apartment or visit somewhere else. We loved spending some time at the bar talking to other guests. It is nice that it has limited hours so you are not tempted to spend too much time there at the expense of seeing and experiencing the lovely island.
If you want to spend your holiday in amongst a line-up of sun beds and umbrellas then this will not be for you. The pool-side is not like that; neither are the local beaches. There is a hammock, benches, rush covered areas for shade and much more. You have personal space - and the pool is fantastic. It is far removed from a typical package holiday experience and that's what we love and what makes it a real and special experience.

Room Tip: I am sure that any room there will be fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the third year in a row we have been back to My Little Place on the Hill which speaks volumes in itself about this unique little hideaway. The atmosphere at the hotel is special in that there is privacy when needed but also because of its small boutique hotel feel you can also get to know the other guests as well as the Owners Alex and Vicky (who both go out of their way to ensure all their guests experience the best of the hotel and the island with excellent recommendations for day trips and eateries). Best of both worlds! The accomodation suites are extremely comfortable, and stylishly decorated as is the whole hotel. BBQ thursday's are a must!! Overall the place just makes you feel welcome and is a perfect spot to get away from it all and take in the stunning views from the hotel whilst being taken care of by people who have designed an extra special holiday setting for their guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is incredible. It has a somewhat unique taste to it.

It didn't feel like living in a hotel rather it felt like staying on a friend's house. It has an incredible view, great atmosphere, hamacas and beds outside to lay down, the stuff is very friendly, they have BBQ's by the pool and will help you with anything you need.

Absolutely recommend this to anyone, especially people who want to relax.
The location is also a plus, it is near Argostoli and near the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grindleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Beautiful rooms, fabulous pool, incredibly welcoming hosts (feels more like staying with friends than in a hotel), friendly atmosphere, beautiful beaches and a lovely island. Excellent for children but also lovely just for adults. Excellent places to eat nearby but a car recommended to get the best from the island. Can't recommend My Little Place on the Hill highly enough.

Room Tip: 19 and 20 have lovely views but other rooms do too!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a gorgeous setting My Little Place on the Hill has breathtaking views of Mount Aenos (which you must explore and climb). The rooms are spacious and spotless perfect and I loved my morning swim in the huge empty pool.
I'm a textile designer so the stylish decor was inspirational for collecting seed pods to draw and decorate my house back in London. We loved Alex's recommendations of hiring a motor boat and exploring the north east coast and the taverna at the bottom of the hill on the beach is the most romantic spot for an evening meal (Its an adventurous climbs in the dark -bring a torch!).
I've written a bit more about the island in my blog http://anjajaneinagreencity.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/ithaca-kefelonia-off-the-beaten-track/

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We highly recommend staying here! Such a beautiful location and the perfect way to really get to know the island! Owners Alex and Vicky could not have been more kind and hospitable making our holiday so memorable! We had the most memorable holiday ever and will definitely be returning! The beaches are short drive away and there are so many of them that you need at least a week to see all of the magical places on this island.The rooms were comfortable clean and very big with beautiful views of the mountains and countryside. everything was perfect about our stay and we're now missing our late nights drinking Ouzo by the pool with great company!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When we arrived at my little place on the hill Vicky and Alex were waiting for us with a very warm welcome. This was the start of a great holiday. The room was very nicely decorated with a lot of details which made the place very nice. The beds were very comfortable (a first in Greece) and the apartment quite spacious for the two of us. The view from our balcony was amazing and our names on the door made us feel very much at home. The kitchen has a nice big fridge and enough utilities to make breakfast or lunch. We did not cook when we were there because eating out in Greece is very affordable and the friday night BBQ's that Alex and Vicky host are good fun.
The huge pool, the great atmosphere and the big cat family added to how wonderful this place is. Add the fact that Alex and Vicky are the most friendly people you'll ever meet and you've got a great holiday. We've already booked our next stay with them and I suspect it will be one of many.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to My Little Place On the Hill? Share your experiences!