Ditto your first lines "Welshboyinsouth"
We arrived leaving hotter weather back in UK, for a few days. someone must have been doing a rain dance as day two poured in the morning, but by lunch time the sun was out!!
We were met with a very warm welcome at the airport, used the vassaliki arranged transfers from the airport which were very good.
Another warm welcome awaited us at Vassaliki, by our hosts Sam,Mark, Simon (Sams dad) and Sheryl (Simons wife). We were shown to our room, Simon took our cases.
We had room no 11, one of the roof studios, we were told of the restricted headroom prior to booking so we knew what to expect. The view from the shared balcony was just amazing.
The room was basic, but usable, we did not intend to spend our holiday in our room apart from sleeping and the making of the occasional meal, so was not an issue. My wife did not sleep well, this I hasten to add was nothing to do with the beds, but my snoring. I really enjoyed my bed it was comfortable enough to just go out like a light "which I did".
We did not hire a car for the two weeks, however we did get invited by some of the guests to join them on days/ evening out, a big thank you to Nick, Lyn & Garth.
All the meals that we ordered on site were very good, my wife especially liked the "Lemon Bombe" pudding and th "Rudie Nudie" cocktails
The BBQ and Meze nights on both weeks we were there were well attended and good fun, lots, and I mean lots of good food.
We took part in the twice weekly pool aquarobics,which was attended by quite a few guests also Archie the familys Jack russell, who got very excited at each session. As you will see from my photos the clarity of the pool water does not resemble brown at all ?!?
We took our own beach towels and maxed out on easyjets 20kg limit.
One day we went on the organised sailing excursion, which turned out to be quite an adventure, but thats another story. We both thouroughly enjoyed the professional approach of our skipper and he made the day more special.
We took a walk to the nearest beach, which dosn't appear to have a name (by the Vigla village complex) nice walk down to the small beach, used by naturists and textiles.The sea is lovely and crystal clear and good for swimming. I did however see a small jellyfish, not sure if dangerous, so kept well away.
The walk back however is not for the fainthearted, especially in the middle of the day, as it is nearly all uphill.
No pressure from our hosts to join in with excursions, BBQ or meze nights. Although some comments on here mention the staff unfriendliness, we found the exact opposite, we were made to feel very welcome and when time permitted our hosts enjoyed conversing with the guests.
What some people fail to realise, is it is not easy running a buisness like this, it takes all manner of skillsets, and means a lot of running about here and there, which means that your hosts may have a myriad of other things on their mind whilst engaging in small talk.
We both felt relaxed and comfortable here, no pressure about being naked all the time and in actual fact a few of the guests went off site during the day to sight -see, most dressed for evening meals on site, ( I can ony speak of the time we were there).
The one thing that we like, again just our personal choice , is to hear the sound of the waves (the sea), Vassaliki is just a bit too far to hear the sea, although you can see it in the distance.
A special thanks to Jo anne and Nicola for the clean rooms and the bar assistance.
An enjoyable holiday, Thanks to you all for making it special.
- Also Known As:
- Vassaliki Naturist Club Hotel Cephalonia
- Vassaliki Naturist Club Hotel
- Vassaliki Naturist Club Greece/Ionian Islands - Cephalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mark,Samantha And Their Team Would Like To Welcome You To Their Naturist Paradise Nestled Amongst The Splendour Of Historic Greece Kefalonia, home to Vassaliki Naturist Club, Greece's situated on the largest of eleven sun drenched islands dotted along the west coast of mainland Greece.With its timeless appeal, rugged landscape, temperate climate, inviting sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and its treasure trove of archaeological discoveries, it is a sparkling jewel in the seemingly endless Ionian sea.Complimenting this natural splendour, our air conditioned rooms many with stunning views, retaining their traditional Greek charm, are well appointed and provide a welcome retreat at the end of a busy day exploring our resort facilities. The well maintained gardens and grounds, which are surrounded by lush olive groves and pine trees, contain a glistening swimming pool with it's own pool bar, ample parking and an al fresco dining experience like no other.Our emphasis on community creates a friendly social atmosphere, and our pool bar and dining area is just one of many great places to meet new friends and discuss the activities of the day.At Vassaliki Naturist Club, our main focus is you. Whether it be a totally relaxing time with your partner or family, or perhaps a more energetic adventure utilizing our additional activities and excursions. Whatever your choice, our young, vibrant and friendly staff are always on hand to ensure that you get the very best from your naturist experience.We welcome guests of all ages to join us ~ So why not cast away your cares (and clothes) for a life affirming visit to experience your very own slice of paradise. ... more less