We arrived hot, sweaty and tired after the flight from Newcastle looking forward to a good nights sleep.
There was no air.con. This could be arranged the next day by phoning the owner of the appartments (no-one had a phone) plus it was nigh on midnight. So we settled down to a very uncomfortable night. The next morning we found out that the air con could be obtained at a cost of 8 Euro's per day or a fan could be hired at a cost of 5 Euro's per day. There was no mention of this when we initially booked these appartments, as we were staying for two weeks this would increase the cost of our stay to between 112 or 70 Euro's (depending on wether we opted for the air-con or the fan).
It was advertised as a self catering appt. There were two electric rings and an assortment of pots/pans. No kettle, no microwave and no tea towel. there was a fridge.
Our bedding consisted of two sheets and two pillows each. There was a balcony which was impossible to use on an early morning or evening due the amount of mosquitos and huge flying beetles (about 2inches by 1 and a quarter inches in size) that hissed when disturbed and gave off a foul stench. We purchased all manner of anti mosquito sprays ,creams and electric and other devices, all to no avail, the bugs kept coming.
In the bathroom there were a toilet,sink and shower but no shower curtain,the shower head had seen better days and sprayed water everywhere, the window did not shut tightly so the bugs just came in there and God help anyone sat on the toilet at night, the bugs attracted by the light came in and had a field day.
The door to the toilet didn't close properly and the main front door would only stay shut if it was locked, the wind would continually blow it open. The silicon around the base of the toilet was badly done and stained with what looked like blood. It was my first visit to Greece and I was shocked to find that you are not allowed to put USED toilet paper down the loo, instead it had to go in a bin by the toilet which only got emptied every three days (is it any wonder that there were so many bugs about) and the smell wasn't pleasant either.
Mornings, it was impossible to get a hot or even warm shower especially if it was overcast because the heating system wasn't efficient enough to supply the amount of water required. We had one towel each and these were changed once every three days, the toilet roll was replenished once every three days (which isn't much for two people who's digestive system needs time to adjust)
Underneath the appartment was some sort of storage space which contained amongst other things a DEAD CAT!!.
The day before we left we had a meeting with the rep from Olympic Holidays to find out the arrangements for the transfer to the airport, it was to be at eight o clock on the evening the next day. We had to vacate the room at 12 mid-day so we asked what we were to do with our luggage for the eight hours in-between, she said just leave them outside of the appartment under a tree(I don't think so) So as far as she was concerned we (both in our sixties) were expected to drag our luggage around for eight hours in that heat.
The next morning we were preparing to leave the maid turned up and said that for a fee we could keep the room and she she would come back later to clean it. We took up her offer, I must add that this was not arranged by the rep I think the maid was just making a few bob for herself. Never the less it was welcome. The rep turned up and began sticking labels on the room door, we told her that the room was ours until eight o.clock as we had paid for it. She said "Well, I just hope nobody turns up" and stormed off.
In all the rep (Vivvienne) was the most un helpful rep I have ever come across and has no people skills and no intention of assisting any of the customers at all. In the two weeks we were there we had no contact with her at all until the last but one day when she told us of our departure times (which proved inaccurate because we were delayed in the airport for four hours due to a problem with the French air traffic control, but that wasn't her fault)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.