“convenient for a few days” 4 of 5 stars

Citi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Georgiou Papandreou & Thessalou, 85300, Greece   |
Ranked #179 of 230 Hotels in Kos
Cephalonia, Greece
“convenient for a few days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel, right on the waterfront and south of the old city walls, is a good location for a few days out of the high season. The rooms are quite small and the bathrooms tiny, but it is reasonably priced and walking distance from anything you need to see in Kos Town. Our room had a great sea view, small balcony, flat screen tv, comfortable bed, heating/AC and rather bizzarely a kettle and cups but no tea or coffee. In November it was cosy with the heating on as we didn't need the balcony doors open. The star of this hotel, however, is Maria, the receptionist. Nothing was too much trouble - she gave us suggestions and advice about everything we needed to know and helped with our itinerary for other nearby places.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bursa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have stayed in the same hotel also last year. But this year, hotel became a youth hostel rather than relaxing hotel. Also there are lots of noise from outside. Bathrooms are not clean and also have seen bugs. We will not consider to stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Excellent city hotel with great location with views of turkey. Staff are incredibly friendly nothing is too much trouble. Rooms have flat screen TVs. Bathroom is shower like wet room style. Would definatly recommend to others and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

We only stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights and we were pleased with the room and service from the hotel staff. We had a smallish room at the front, but the view overlooking the sea and Turkey in the distance more than made up for it. The hotel is in a good position and we found Kos very easy to explore. It is only a small hotel and doesn't have a pool, but as there are so many beaches around Kos, I don't think this is a big problem. I took my laptop with me and was pleased to find that there was free internet access and a nice coffee shop downstairs.
The hotel is a good choice for travellers who want a basic but clean hotel in a good location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I went to Kos in November to visit some relatives. I usually go in the summer and I was interested to see how different the town would be as a winter destination. I chose Citi Hotel because it's in a nice location and opposite the sea. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms are nice, clean and have a modern decor. I would say that for the money, they are more than adequate for most travellers. I don't have children, so I can't comment on family facilities.
The staff were very helpful and gave me advice on the best places to eat in town as well as what was still open to visit in the winter.
There is a cafe on the ground floor that serves really nice coffees and snacks. While I was there the weather was beautiful, so it was nice to be able to sit outside and see the lovely view of Turkey in the distance.
I would say it's a 5 - 7 minute walk into the centre of town. The hotel is on a wide tree lined road and you walk past some nice retaurants , coffee shops and bakeries as well as some tourist shops and bike rental shops. There is a bike path that runs in both directions next to the pavement and people cycle around town and along the harbour. I rented a bike for 4 euros a day and it was a really nice way to see everything.
Kos Marina is a a 4-5 minute walk away, so I think this hotel is in a very good location if you want to be near most things in town.
I thinking about staying there when I visit Kos next summer and I'll post a review when I get back...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

this hitel is quite cheap, very nice, with a nice view, and near to most of the things we could do on the island, i recomend it for a family with kids. Good service

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Citi Hotel? Share your experiences!