“More than adequate, especially for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ekaterini

Hotel Ekaterini
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kos
Hotel Ekaterini
You added Hotel Ekaterini to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.Tsaldari 6, 85300, Greece   |
Ranked #195 of 229 Hotels in Kos
Berlin
“More than adequate, especially for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had to make a last-minute change in travel plans for my 2-week trip to Greece this year (airline strike), so found myself arriving rather spontaneously in Kos town and having to stay for a night. Hotel Ekaterini was what was available on short notice, and it proved a more than adequate choice. Location is hard to beat - five minutes' walk from the port & centre of activity, yet in a quietish side street (provided you can get a room facing Tsaldari st. rather than Megalou Alexandrou - the latter is very noisy!). The room was simple but clean and had a nice balcony; management was exceedingly friendly and helpful (a rare thing on a tourist trap/package hell island like Kos!), and breakfast was splendid. Rates are hard to beat as well - for less than 30 Euro for a single, the place proved excellent value. If you have to stay in Kos town (there are nicer places in the Greek islands), Hotel Ekaterini can most definitely be recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Istanbul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hotel is located in the center, walking distance to harbour and beaches. Room is well cleaned with air conditioner, tv and small but newly renovated bathroom. Breakfast was better than the hotels I stayed in other Greek islands : cheese, olives, ham, fried eggs, corn flakes, water melon, milk and fruit juice. Family owned hotel. Smiley staff with good English (esp daughter) and helpful on tips top enjoy island more!.

Room Tip: Room with a Balcony is always better. If I rate hotel according to its price and location, no need t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Campobasso, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

According to the price we spent, the hotel is perfect. The owner is a great person, every mornig went and by yogurt for us, and gave us all information we need, tried to help us in all the way he could.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

On arrival at the address given, I could find no signage which indicated Ekaterini Hotel. In fact the signage (at both Hotel entrances) stated Hotel Catherine. The owner assured me that it was in fact the Ekaterini Hotel.
The Hotel advertises that it accepts Visa and Mastercard. I had booked a single room for a two day stay and the proprietor asked me to pay in advance. When I produced my Mastercard and he told me that he doesn't accept credit cards and will only accept cash (Euros). I then paid him 68 Euros for my two night accomodation and asked for a receipt - this was refused.
The room was very small and rather grotty in appearance. I told the proprietorI that I did not wish to stay and asked for a refund. He refunded 34 Euros (not the 68 Euros).
I later found a far superior hotel in a better area and for the same price, and on the waterfront.
Be warned - definitely don't stay at this Hotel....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Didim, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Information supplied by hotel is totally inaccurate. It is not 40 metres from the ferry.
The owner/manager was extremely rude & unwelcoming. Credit cards, Visa and Mastercard were advertised as acceptable, but the owner/manager insisted on cash only.
Location was noisy.
The room was sub-standard. We checked out of this hotel not long after we checked in.
We obtained far superior accommodation in a better location for the same money.
The hotel's advertising is false and misleading. There are many more better choices.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ekaterini? Share your experiences!