“A pool in the mid sea.....” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Athens, Greece
9 attraction reviews
“A pool in the mid sea.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Noone can imagine what the blue cave is there!!!! N o o n e unless someone visits the place.
A movie has been filmed here, at Megisti island also.
So when the sea is at its best u enter the cave by boat but believe me when sea is not at its best and when the boat cannot enter there, put on your flippers and a snorkel and a mask (just in case) and swim till u get in there....... the top is black and bottom..... a light blue, like you swim in a pool in the mid sea....... U have to experience that!!!

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Tennessee
“great and”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

very interesting, the colors were magical early in the morning swimming in the grotto its a life experience

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Laughs & Lie downs: The magical Blue Cave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had heard read that if visiting Meis, it was absolutely imperative to visit the Blue Cave. I had barely been on land for more than a minute when I stumbled across a Greek guy, Kostos, and his little boat. He said the trip would cost €10, and would take less than one hour. I felt somewhat like I should explore the island a little before heading off on another trip, but I figured I had nothing to lose, so jumped in.

I didn’t really have any expectations about the Blue Cave… Though I certainly didn’t expect that the entrance to the cave would be two-feet high. And I certainly didn’t expect that we would have to lay on top of each other in the boat to actually get in the cave.

Two ladies on the boat were slightly distressed at the prospect of having to lay on the ground. I’m sorry ladies, but it was hilarious.

And so, on that hot September day in Greece, I laid on top of a stranger to get in a cave.

As I lay on top of a stranger, in a boat, staring up at a cold rock ceiling inches away from my face, feeling fairly uncomfortable, I thought one thing: This blue cave had better be bloody good.

My discomfort soon gave way for wonderment as Kostos instructed everyone to sit up. As we composed ourselves from our somewhat incommodious close encounter, I am fairly sure everyone’s jaw hit the floor, before breaking into a smile. The stillness, the acoustics, and the colour combined to make a magical atmosphere. The crystal clear waters and cave walls were illuminated in bright blue from the natural sunlight peeking through the tiny entrance.

It was stunning.

If you do decide to head to Meis, be sure to visit the Blue Cave!

Visited September 2013
Fremantle
3 attraction reviews
“Blue cave wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We shared a small boat that took six passengers and left at 9:30 am when the water was quite calm. We could just get into the cave and had to lie down in the boat as we entered. The skipper took us about around the very large cavern pointing out stalactites before shutting off the engine and letting us swim in the crystal clear water. It was like swimming in liquid sapphire. The blue is remarkable. All aboard felt very happy to have had this amazing experience.

Visited October 2013
Ra'anana, Israel
“Blue Grotto - a different experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Last week we visited Kastellorizo and the blue grotto for the 3rd time.
Even after knowing what to expect - it is always an exciting experience.
Kastellorizo is a magnificent place, with its fresh colors, picturesque view, clear water - can't stop taking pictures of every corner.
Then the blue grotto - we came near the cave on a yacht, and swam to the cave from the yacht. Don't give up on swimming in the cave. it is a unique experience! The turquoise color of the water, the fish, the acoustic - all provides a special atmosphere.
It is recommended to visit there before 10:00am - before the sun is too high in the sky.
Last but not least - take your time in the cave. Don't hurry and absorb the scene.

Visited September 2013