“Most highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Attractions in Kalymnos
Type: Hiking Trails, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Kalymnos Climbing School offers Courses and Guiding service for all experience levels throughout the year.Our certified climbing instructor / trainer Lucas is an accomplished competition climber, member of the Greek National Climbing Team, having climbed sport routes up to 8c (5.14B) and boulder problems up to 8a+ (V12). Kalymnos Climbing School is the only school with its own indoor climbing gym.We are also the only ones to offer 1:2 instructor to climbers ratio.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Most highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We spent 6 days climbing with Lucas and he is very professional, kind, and talented teacher and trainer. He has an excellent knowledge of all routes on the island and knew exactly which ones would suite us well as beginners and we felt 100% safe climbing with him and were challenged in a positive way so it was fun and very educational. I feel very lucky to have met him and I am grateful for his kind attention and focus and for inspiring me to train harder. Thank you Lucas (and your lovely wife Alexandra) for making our climbing in Kalymnos memorable!

• Greek first
Zurich, Switzerland
“No words to express the magic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We climbed 6 days in May 2014 with Lukas and Alex. After taking an expensive course in Switzerland last year and having an accident, I was very afraid to go back to climb. But with Lukas and Alex it was just magic. I felt that 2 angels were taking care of us and compared to the courses we made before, this was just above all expectations. The level of professionalism, the focus on safety, the patience Lukas had particularly with me as I was afraid made me recover the confidence and find the passion for this amazing sport. I can not imagine that there can be anyone better to teach this, with such care, so much patience, so much love for climbing. I did not only lost the fear, I understood that it is about having fun. Kalymnos is certainly a paradise and Lukas and Alex are two angels!

Visited May 2014
“Can't recommend highly enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Kalymnos in May 2014 and spent three days with Lucas. We had both climbed before (mainly trad) and
Lucas was able to help us feel really comfortable climbing with a 'sport ethos'. This is exactly what we needed as it helped us move away from a 'never fall' mindset to one where we could focus more on the climbing and pushing our climbing ability. If I was summarise Lucas's approach I would say it is about developing safe technique so that climbing becomes fun. He was also cater for different abilities well, knowing how to identify the next step. Excellent!

“Excellent climbing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We visited earlier this month and had 3 x half day sessions with Lucas. As a relatively new climber I saw my confidence and skills progress with each session. Lucas adapted each session to meet our learning style,skill level and preferences. We both had great fun and will be looking forward to coming back again for more lessons in beautiful kalymnos!!Thank you Lucas and Alexander:) Orla

Antibes, France
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I climbed for three days with Lucas and Alexandra in April 2014. They were careful, professional, and kind. Lucas is an extremely accomplished climber with very detailed knowledge of Kalymnos, and is able to teach all levels of climbers (I am an intermediate-level climber), either singly or in groups. The service Lucas and Alexandra provide also represents an excellent value given the quality of the instruction and its reasonable cost.

Nicholas R.