“Simply amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Astipalaia
Athens, Greece
“Simply amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

What can I say about Pylaia Boutique Hotel?
Right from the beginning of our vacation on the island Pylaia managed to paint a lovely picture of Astypalaia just by sending Tasos to pick us up from the airport. He didn't even let us touch our luggage, he was very polite and sooooooo funny. He gave us a full description of the island and what we should visit, eat and drink during our stay there!
Once we arrived at the Hotel the lovely staff was expecting for us with a cool drink and "paximadia", made in Astypalaia.We were informed of what the hotel had to offer and then we were taken to our spacious, with absolutely breath-taking view of the sea, rooms.
The breakfast was delicious with all sorts of things to satisfy every taste!
In case anyone wanted to ask anything the staff was more than willing to assist you!But honestly willing, not the sort of "i have to help you, otherwise you'll report me" attitude you get at most hotels.
All in all, I strongly recommend "Pylaia Boutique Hotel" and I will definately do my best to visit again as soon as possible!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I really am very troubled with this review. First of all, i would recommend this hotel and I would definitely go back. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and the staff extremely helpful and polite. However during our stay we faced some issues that normally I wouldn't even notice, but all together combined sort of dissapointed me a little:

1. The room did not have a safe as mentioned in the welcome infomation package
2. The bathroom amenities were not Apivta as mentioned on the website, but Oasis (I am not familiar with this brand)
3. The phone did not work which was kind of annoying when we wanted to call the room service
4. I really appreciate eco-friendly hotels that state that if you wish your towels changed just leave them on the floor. However the first time I did this I just founded the used towels hanged back.
5. I discovered that we weren't applied with new bathroom amenities just as I walked into the shower. Even worse, when my husband went to ask for some shampoo they saifd it was over. Ouch.
6. The staff was very polite and helpful but I feel not well informed. For instance when I asked what were the dips we were brought with our bread the answer was "dips, I do not really know."

Ok, I have grumbled enough. The rooms are great, the staff extra polite the food really good in both restaurants and the breakfast amazing! I just hope they start paying extra attention to the little details because the hotel is totally worth it.

Room Tip: Room 56 does not have the best view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
FIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

International, high-class, pretentious.
Your job is enjoy. They will handle the rest.
Remarkably beautiful owner:)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel deserves its reputation in every detail. Welcome drinks, fruits and politeness was a good first impression. The owners are professionals.The rooms are nicely decorated in a new age manner and fully equiped and cleaned twice a day.The breakfast was more than excellent with a buffet and a la carte options if requested.The stuff was very friendly.The view was not astonishingly beautiful because of the location of the hotel .There was a little problem with the small parking area and we had to walk when we came back late at night

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good and plentiful with specialty coffee and custom made eggs. The room was clean and bed very comfortable. The view was incredible. Close enough to walk to the Chora for a meal. Walkable to Livadi Bay as well. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on August of 2011. The hotel is really very nice! I liked a lot the decoration as it is in a "minimal" style with all furniture very well choosen. The rooms are also very well decorated. View is very nice even though doesnt overlook the chora castle..
The personell of the hotel is very polite and helpfull, Breakfast was perfect. And cleanless of the room was very good. I think that it is the best hotel you can find in the island

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

This hotel offers you the elegance of a contemporary design hotel combined with the warmth of a traditional family-run place. In my opinion, the perfect combination!!!

This hotel is absolutely beautiful, a truly lovely project and everybody is extremely nice, kind and hospitable.

The hotel needs some upgrades if it wants to stay in this price range without being overpriced: 1) a SPA area, 2) Safety boxes in every room, 3) Wi-Fi in rooms.

The Hotel restaurant is not very good, so I wouldn't reccomend it for lunch nor dinner, but the breakfast is absolutely perfect! Served in The lovely terrace has all you need and more for a great start of The day!

I would certainly stay in The Pylaia again.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Pylaia Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!