“Interesting” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 55 Attractions in Santorini
Type: Wineries, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The only natural underground wine museum in all over Greece located on the premises of Koutsoyannopoulos winery.
Kiev, Ukraine
8 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The wine museum is very interesting and informative they provide you with electronic voice guides that allow you to listen to the various descriptions as you tour. There are a number of stairs that you need to climb.
At the end of the tour you get the chance to taste 4 wines including desert wines.
There is a gift shop that allows you to purchase the wines and, other gifts. One of the desert wines can only be bought at the museum.
The entrance fee including wine tasting was 7 Euro per person.

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
6 attraction reviews
“Very educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I loved taking a tour underground in the wine cellars and learning about how wine has been made over the years. The best part was tasting the wine at the end :-)

Visited April 2014
Milan, Italy
5 attraction reviews
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. It's semi interesting since they make the wine a bit differently on Santorini but nothing you couldn't get on the internet, if not better. At the end of the "tour" you can sample 4 wines which they choose for you. I don't like dessert wines so I only got two samples, though you pay for 4 with the tour. The wine I did try was just so-so. That's not to say you may not like it, but for my husband and I nothing stood out. The young lady serving the wine at the end of the tour was nice and knowledgable although the sounded a bit lack luster. Like I said, our experience was just meh.

Visited April 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Santorini wine museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Santorini is famous for its splendid sunset views but few have heard or visit the Koutsoyannopoulos wine museum. I was hesitant to spend my precious half day to see it but a trip there made me wish I had more time. It was interesting, well documented and worth the effort of going there. I visited it in March 2014 with my family and purchased many of their splendid wines. Back home in Mumbai, India as I drink their wines I am nostalgic and am transported there. I wish I had bought an entire crate of wine bottles.

Visited March 2014
“Interesting, worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Usually cynical about these type of "museums" as they tend to be self serving trying to sell product. This underground museum was genuinely interesting and would appeal to the wine or history buff. It really does represent part of Santorini's past and worth the 7 euro entry which included tasting of 4 wines

Visited March 2014