“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
san antonio texas
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

food was great and prices were very reasonable! has a great view of the port and is walking distance from the Rhenia hotel

Visited June 2013

86% Recommend
  • Greek first
Old Basing
“Great food, great service, handy for the ferries, marina and cruise ships”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Taverna Matthew is close to the marina we sailed from. We visited it at the beginning and end of our holiday. On both occasions the service, food and wine were wonderful. I recommend that you let the waiters take you to the kitchen to show you what they have to offer. Their recommendation led us to try the tastiest stuffed mushrooms I have ever had and the slow cooked pork as a main dish was delicious. At the other end of the day, the special omelette for breakfast was equally tasty.

On a personal front Dmitris helped me make sure I found the best ferry to Piraeus, book it and even offered to drop me round at the port with my bag. If you ate in Mykonos town, in the marina or on one of the cruise ships that dock 100m from Matthews I would thorough recommend calling in for a meal. You need to pass by it anyway.

Visited June 2013
Epping, United Kingdom
“Heaven for sailors and boat spotters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We started and finished our sailing holiday in Mykonos and Matthew Taverna is perfectly located by the new marina. Fantastic for breakfast lunch and dinner - croissants to die for and super menu for both lunch and dinner. Great friendly staff ... You can spend hours here just watching the comings and goings in the port. Ask Dimitrius for wine and food recommendations for dinner and prepare yourself for an authentic and classy Greek meal. From the sailing perspective the facilities are spotless - wifi is easily accessible and apparently there are plans for showers to be built. We really can't fault this place - even if you are not staying at the marina or stepping off a cruise ship it is definitely worth a visit

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“One of the best meals I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Both the food and service were outstanding. The food was authentically Greek, great ingredients and huge portions. Our main dish could easily feed 4 persons instead of 2! The staff was very friendly too. Our waiter suggested a great wine to us and offered us dessert in the end. I'm not a big sweets person but my wife loved it. Definitely would go back to Matthew!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent and calm environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

As far as I am concerned the best way to spend your morning, eating breakfast by the sea and watching the yachts!
The service quality reminds me a French restaurant in Paris with a veil of greek hospitality! Excellent food ! I strongly recommend it to anyone who will visit the island!

• Visited May 2013