Myself and a friend have just returned from 6 x nights at La Stella. It truly is an excellent hotel and exceeded my expectations - a definite recommendation.
The hotel is clean, modern and a perfect size. We stayed in room 208 and found it to be the perfect size. It was great to have the kitchenette for water and lunch ingredients and the bathroom although small has a fantastic shower. The beds were so comfortable that we couldn't resist an afternoon nap each day. We also enjoyed sitting on our balcony each evening watching the sunset before getting ready to go out.
Artur really made our stay memorable with his wonderful hospitality and refreshing cocktails. Not only is he the face of La Stella he was also a great person to know outside of the hotel - always checking on us on nights out in Skypark and making sure that we were ok.
The pool at La Stella provided a great chill out area for late afternoons when you want to relax on a lilo and listen to chilled music.
I will most certainly return to La Stella, in fact I can't wait!
One little tip - if arriving late and arranging for the key to be left out, also ask for the aircon remote. We had a very hot and sticky first night at the hotel before we could get the remote in the morning!
Other recommendations in the area:
The Baja Beach Club is really worth a visit and only a 10 minute walk along the beach from La Stella. Free sun loungers and use of their pool. Brilliant atmosphere and always busy. Volley ball courts etc and the food was amazing. A really large fresh salad for 6 euros. Great place to spend the day. It gets particularly busy from about 3pm onwards when all the locals finish work. Fascinating people watching!
Skypark - At first you will think of this place as the pits but you will grow to love it! Open until 5am and the only place where you will find dancing in town. Very fun!
For dinner we preferred to go to Rethymno, its only a 10 minute bus ride and the old city is beautiful. We enjoyed wandering in the narrow streets finding tiny family run tavernas.Two of our favorites were Taverna Marias and Taverna Loggia. You'll have to find them in the maze though! For a more formal meal Taverna Melina has beautiful views of the old city (it's up on the hill by the fort), the hospitality is so generous that we had to hide some food in our handbag because it just just kept coming!!
If visiting this area of Crete La Stella is absolutely the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small & cute boutique hotel, specialized in making sparkling holidays for our guests.We are Greeks and we know about hospitality,Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your La Stella Hotel Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Stella Hotel Apartments And Suites
- La Stella Hotel Apartments Rethymnon
- La Stella Hotel Apartments & Suites Rethymnon, Crete