The location of this hotel was perfect; very near to the fortress, a five minute walk to a huge choice of restaurants, and abut 20 minutes to the sea. Thanassis, the hotel's main host, was charming and very helpful, as was Angela, and all of the hotel staff were very friendly. Breakfast was included but could have been improved by the addition of a toaster and a bigger range of cereals. Everything was spotlessly clean and the courtyard - cats included! - was lovely, as was the roof terrace. Would definitely return to Palazzo Vecchio but would choose a different room, as ours (107) was smaller and darker than the others we saw.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Vecchio Rethymnon
- Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence Rethymnon, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence is a small, romantic and beautifully furnished Hotel in Rethymno, Crete. Located exactly in the heart of the old town of Rethymno, Palazzo Vecchio was built in 15th century in the days of the Venetians. In the neighboring,you can find a plethora of restaurants, cafe, shops & various points of interest, in easy walking distance. Palazzo Vecchio is one of the oldest mansions of Rethymno, located at the ‘edge’ of the old town of Rethymno, below the Venetian Fortress “Fortezza”, 50 meters from the Mediterranean Sea at a short distance from the Venetian fortress “Fortezza” and close to the impressive building dated from the Ottomans time. The hotel consists of 23 rooms and has been restored with skill, taste and respect to its history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.