We stayed in the hotel from 28/9 till 7/10/2011, and found this a very good hotel, except for some minor issues.
- buffets and foodquality
- helpfullness and kindness of the staff (especially Irini, the hostess at the restaurant)
- tasty corner for the kids (but it would be nice if there was also a possibility to eat outside with the kids during lunchtime)
- family maisonette with two floors and two bathrooms
- setting and location
- it is a very beautiful hotel, very well managed.
Needs some improvement:
- the swimming pools. The water is much too cold, and it is very sad that children cannot use any toys, matresses or balls in the main swimming pool. Also the main swimming pool does not have an area where the children can stand up, I believe that the most undeep part is still 1,40 m.. When you have a little child with you, you have to go to the children's swimming pool, which is far away and where it is not very nice to sit. So you go there to swim and then leave. Also the water in the children's pool is too cold.
Also the swimming pools look a littlebit "old". It seems as if they were forgotten to renovate them in 2009.
- The prices of the drinks and food outside the restaurant are very, very expensive.
- It would be nice if there would be a hotel shuttle to Rethymnon.
- The matrasses on the beds are much too hard! I have a back problem, but also my partner, who doesn't have problems with his back, stood up every morning with pain in his back.
The hotel is excellent, but the swimming pools are definitely an obstacle for me to come back. If the swimming pools would improve, I would definately come back!