“Busy busy busy” 5 of 5 stars

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Busy busy busy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 NEW

A bit of something for everyone, tavernas, restaurants, bars, and lots and lots of shops, street sellers lots of hustle and bustle but quieter bars and restaurants should you need them.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
“My favourite town in Crete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 NEW via mobile

Actually , it's possibly my favourite place ever.My long term goal is to spend a few months here .I love the place and love the people.It's a University town so there is a permanent vibe going .It includes my favourite hotel , my favorite restaurant, my favourite coffee shop , my favourite burger joint and my favourite pizza place .Also has the best cigar shop I have found in Crete so far.We recently discovered a local raki which includes honey and cinnamon , the latter giving a wonderful flavour .My favourite time is around 7 in the morning .I am not especially pushed on the new town around the beach ( locals go to a swimming place on the rocks behind the fortress ) and usually only go there to get the hop on / hop off bus .It's a great place just to wander around , no worries , no crime , no litter , no dog dirt .I can't understand how people only come for a quarter or half day ....you really need a full day and night to get a feel for it .

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“lovely and lots of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 NEW

everyone very friendly, very hustley bustley geat sites and great views from the old fort and port great dining and shops from morning to night

Visited July 2014
Porvoo Finland
32 attraction reviews
“FINE ATMOSPHERE IN THE OLD TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 NEW

I visited the Old Town at date 26.06.2014. The Old Town in Rethymno is a very intresting place. There are small shops and nice restaurants all over this area. Some restaurants are out on the streets and there you can sit and look around very vell. The streets are very narrow and romantic.
There is walking people from many different countries. You can hear a lot of different languages there. The Old Town is located close to the sea and many streets go down to the sea. A part of the Old Town is also the fine historical Venetian Harbour. If you travel to Rethymno go to the Old Town I am sure that you will like this place.

Atlanta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
“Amazing place. Have to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW via mobile

I cannot say enough about Rethymnon. We have been to many old towns in many different cities but this place certainly seems to be one of the best ever. So many beautiful small sidestreets and quaint shops and place to eat or sip a drink. The old town does cover many blocks give yourselves many days to enjoy this beautiful town. I do regret not having enough days