I stayed 1 week at Theartemis Palace Hotel with my in-law family and we had a good time -
mostly though because of the nice stretch of beach just 300 meters (and a little to the right) of the hotel as well as the great weather.
The hotel has a four star rating, but the there are some severe lacks.
1) The service in the all-inclusive bar was at times horrific; shaking heads and comments on the amount of drinks we ordered and reluctance to adhere to our wishes. The staff seemed to have forgotten that we actually paid for the stuff in advance.
2) The room: The beds are hard as rocks, the refrigerator weak, no mini-bar and a small/old TV and an altana pointing to the street. However, the rooms were decently sized. Wifi-internet did not reach rooms on 4th floor at all.
3)The entertainment was, mostly, absolutely terrible and amateurish!
On the plus side is the location, as Theartemis is located outside downtown Rethymnon and thus are in peace for all the noise and lights (which are within walking distance if preferred; some of us went out most nights).
The food was fine and a positive surprise compared to other buffets we've tried, but the dining room/restaurant lacked atmosphere.
All in all, close but no cigar - as there simply are to many small point of irritation that can be added to the poor all-inclusive service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Theartemis Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Theartemis Palace Rethymnon
- Theartemis Palace Hotel Rethymnon, Crete