We booked into the Ideon Hotel in Rethymno, Crete for six nights but we had to leave after two.
On the second day, we woke up to find the room filled with motor engine gas.
No alarm sounded, and it was only by chance that my girlfriend woke up. She then woke me up (with difficulty) so that we could both get out of the room. When we went immediately to reception to report it, the staff were rude and didn't seem very concerned (they said it wasn't a good day and they'd had some other things to think about that morning!). They didn't offer any explanation and never asked if we were OK. Also, despite several requests from us, they made no attempt to wake up or notify the people in the surrounding apartments who could also have been affected. Later in the day they told us that the cause of the smoke had been their power generator leaking directly into our room. Following this incident, I had a very painful chest cough for a couple of days. The hotel never apologised for what has happened.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ideon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ideon Hotel Rethymnon, Crete