“Fully satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Heraklion
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Fully satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed one day at this hotel on our arrival in Crete and appreciated our stay fully: The staff is friendly and helpful, the room confortable and clean. We slept very well, the beds are confortable and the hotel quiet. We also liked the meals we had. We definitely will come back by our next holidays in Crete!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for two days and my stay was excellent. Location is SUPERB. 10 minutes from HER airport and a nice 10 minute (safe way) to downtown Herkalion. This hotel is a very contemporary hotel in Crete. The rooms are extremely clean, well-appointed, and even have your name printed on the TV screen as you enter the room. What I absolutely loved about this property (can't wait for this to come the States) is that you have to enter your key into a slot just inside the door for all of your amenities to work in your room. This is a big energy saver because you can't leave the lights or TV, if you take your key with you. Kudos to Galaxy for this. The toiletries were firs class. The bed was very comfortable and relaxing.

The salt water pool was very refreshing and different for a hotel. The front desk was extremely pleasant, nice, and helpful. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, which I must say was the BEST in all of the hotels I stayed at in Europe. The gym was one of the better ones in Europe also.

I was very happy and satisfied with my stay here and would recommend it to anyone staying in Herkalion, Crete.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are a little bigger and offer more space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

One may have different expectations from a 5* hôtel, here are mines with what I enjoyed and what I disliked during these 4 nights:

Let´s start with in my opinion could be improved.. And keep the assets for the end !

" -'s " :
- Room: 23 sq meters, yes, it is possible in a 5* hotel.
- Reception: sadly we did not get a room upgrade (c'mon we are honeymooner!) even if some were available (checked online) during this season.
- Price difference online with respect to the reception one! i.e nearly 30% more for an executive room if booked from the desk (140e) rather than online... It is embarrassing to say "no thanks" at the desk and perhaps book online, since we were wondering wether to come back or not once our Santorini trip is over...
- "Wellness center". We figured out that each time one wants to access, it is necessery to request from the desk another keycard to access it. Works a few hours.
- Business oriented hotel more than leisure: it is proudly claimed that PCs and laptops are available, but not so much information about SPA or massages. Rooms are "efficient" but far from a romance place from my point of view.
- Cryo-pool: i mean the swimming pool. Its location makes it always cold (surrounded by very high buildings).

" +'s " :
- Located 15min by walk from center
- Kindness and great service from the Team: Maria topped our room to welcome us on our first honeymoon day, Giorgos advised us great places to visit, Hara, Aggelos & Aristotelis were highly aware of our requests and provided us with smart advises (food culture & wine type and history). Thanks again
- Food, which is various and healthy. After several breakfast, lunches and dinners, local dishes seems mastered as well as international ones: from a French guy, that is saying something
- Friday night concert with a talentuous Piano (Korg) singer
- Small private car park (6-7 cars), your keys are kindly asked if your car needs to be moved..

Eventually, as far as I know, the Galaxy is the best hotel in Heraklion, but I have to admit that I did not look long :-)
The place is perfect for business purposes as its marketing policy shows it. I feel it is not the best for leisure, even if the hotel Team has great assets within, whom are the main reason for this general 4/5 good rate from me.
Merci pour votre accueil,
Pierre B,
Paris

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything was done first class at this hotel. The minute you walk in to this hotel, you notice a difference from other hotels. The staff is very professional, friendly, and helpful. The hotel is modern, nicely appointed, and the cleanest hotel my husband and I have EVER stayed in. Our room was very comfortable, again, with quality furnishings. Wi-fi worked well in the room, which is not always the case in Greece. But, what we enjoyed most, was the amazing breakfast. The choices were over the top. We highly recommend Galaxy Hotel to both the business, as well as pleasure traveler when in Heraklion.

• Stayed October 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Galaxy is a beautiful business hotel. But what makes it the best hotel experience is the staff.
All of the desk staff at reception, the doorman, the cleaning ladies, the dining room staff and others we encountered provided exemplary service. My husband and I never felt more welcome at any other hotel.
I encountered an unfortunate incident in the city which left me with an injured wrist. As the day wore on, the pain was intense. My husband asked the reception for a doctor to attend me and one was engaged and dispatched immediately to our room. It was determined I required X-rays at the hospital. The gentleman at reception drove us in his own car to the hospital and interpreted for us. He stayed with us throughout the entire time and and drove us back to the hotel. This kind of service is extraordinary. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is a diamond in the city of Heraklion.
The rooms have everything you would expect in a five star city business hotel.
You can have breakfast in a beautiful setting overlooking the pool area.
The pool is the cleanest outdoor pool I've ever seen (mainly because it's not exposed to wind or nearby nature).
The lunch we had was excellent and delicious -the dinner was more standard.

The staff of the hotel make it stand out by far! "Friendly" and "helpful" are probably banal adjectives to describe what I experienced.
Some examples:
-The porter helped me carry my special equipment meticulously; he raced to help me when I asked for help.
- My PC had issues with wi-fi connectivity and upon informing the reception at 11pm they immediately brought an ethernet cord to the room.
- The waiter remember the coffee I like to drink for breakfast the next day and prepared it asap.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Herzlia, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We landed late and we reached the hotel at 10 pm. The hotel is very clean. Staff very courteous. The rooms are large and modern. Excellent variety of food rich in the morning. Good location.we even stay ther for moor night when we came back befor we fly beck.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Galaxy Hotel Iraklio? Share your experiences!