“Fast food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 236 Restaurants in Heraklion
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic tastes and the best fast, healthy, casual Greek food serving Heraklion since 2006, in an attractive, traditional and hospitable environment in the center of the city."IZMIR KEBAP" is the only restaurant in the whole island of Crete that provide the original recipes of Tas, Shish and Doner Kebap!!!A variety of "Greek Souvlaki" dishes also belong to the "specialities" of the restaurant!Enjoy your Meal or your Dinner few meters only beside the Loggia Palace one the most elegant architectural monuments of the Venetian period.
Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant, Belgium
“Fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went there for a quick lunch during our sightseeing tour around Heraklion. Service was fast, prices were low, and food was delicious. Gyros doner for 3,2, pork pita for 3, both very good.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greece
“For a cheap meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Yesterday I went for first time there with my husband for a "quick" meal. I took souvlaki and fried potatoes, my husband took one "izmir kebap". They served the food fast and it was tasty. For sure we'll go again!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good cheap eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went with just a veal pita. It came with fries inside (score!) and it was only 3.50 EUR! The staff was nice. Watched a World Cup game as we ate. It wasn't spectacular but it was good and cheap. Not sure how much more you get if you get the plate (which was 8EUR), but what we had was sufficient.

Hertzlia
“Worst meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

After reading a lot of reviews on this forum, we decided to eat at this restaurant. I like gyros and wanted to try the lamb version, turned out they have only chicken or veal. I "went" with the veal. It had a funny taste… I signaled the waiter, told him I don't like it and I'm willing to pay for this portion, and WANT INSTEAD THE CHICKEN VERSION OF GYROS. He tried to "sell" me the kebab – told him I don't like minced meat – I still want the chicken gyros, and, since it is maybe my fault that I don't like the veal – [I said it again] I'll pay for it. He didn't get me chicken gyros, instead he "decided for me" to bring chicken souvlaki. I told him I didn't order it. He tried to convince me that "it is good for me". At this point I got angry and repeated that I don't want this meal. He just left….In the end, I paid for one meal which I didn't like (and for a good reason – I had stomach aches after it), and for one meal which I didn't order… I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone...

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bucharest, Romania
“That is not kebab”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I ordered a lamb kebab, that wasn`t lamb :) . The price was 8,50 euros. I was disappointed the taste wasn`t very good, at least it didn`t taste like a true kebab.

• Visited April 2014