when i was looking to book my summer holiday for me and my girlfriend, the brochure pictures took my breath away from the minute i saw them.. i booked a 7 night stay from 22nd-29th July 2007..
we booked a superior bungalow with a sea view, and when we got shown to our room it was absolutely what we were expecting. on the first evening, my girlfriend left a glass of sprite next to the bed and in the morning managed to attract a whole load of ants to our bedside table.. we called the room manager, who was extremely apologetic and moved us the next morning to a room with a private pool! the rest of the holiday was absolutely amazing, weather was great, food was incredible and an all around relaxing stay.
upon reading all the reviews about pricing in the hotel restaurants, i believe that if you book a hotel of this quality and class, you should go there in preparation to these prices, that way when you're there you aren't thinking about how much everything costs.
me and my girlfriend had lunch on our balcony nearly everyday, as we found more choice, better quality and all round more comfortable that the isola grill lunch restaurant or the snack bar by the pool. lunch each day averaged around 40-50euros and dinner for the two of us was around 100euros a night. i believe you truly get what you pay for, and the service and quality was absolutely flawless.
all in all, from ordering drinks lazily by our sun loungers, to getting driven to our room everyday in the clubcars, it was a fantastic holiday that neither of us are going to forget.
i would definitely recommend this hotel, an experience not to be missed..
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort
- Blue Palace Resort Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Splendia, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Orbitz, Otel and Venere so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.