What a mixed review this hotel gets! We were quite apprehensive about booking this resort after reading all the bad reports, but we decided to go with our gut instinct and it really paid off. It is probably worth noting with both my partner and I have not stayed at many 5 star resorts, but neither are we chav’s. However, we are not tolerant of being ripped off or receiving poor customer service.
The hotel is beautiful, the staff are genuine and the spa is excellent. We found that if you treat the staff with respect and are polite to them, you will get the same back. We learnt a few Greek phrases before we went, and our stuttering efforts were rewarded with smiles (and offers of the correct way of saying it!). The Blue Door was the best restaurant. It is set away from the others about 1 minutes walk. Friday night Fish night is a must, with the catch of the day to choose from! If you fancy a chance, Captain Nicholas in Plaka is a nice Taverna with good food and excellent waiters (they help make the night so entertaining!). The Finnicular does not run on warp speed, but we filled in the time talking to other people about their stays (all good by the way) and local places they had visited and liked.
The only thing I can understand people criticising is the coldness of the private pools. Luckily we are from an English seaside town where the average temperate is -5’c in the sea, so we jumped in! We rewarded ourselves by opening a cold beer, getting our Blue Palace bath robes on and looking out at Spinalonga Island, going for pre dinner cocktails on the huge outdoor sofas, and having a wonderful meal with great service. Life could be worst in our opinion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Splendia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete