This property is beautifully situated on the Aegean sea across from the Island of Spinalonga. It is a 5 minute walk from the village of Plaka and a 10 minute car ride from the town of Elounda. The rooms are very large and comfortable, each has a sea view and some have their own private plunge pool. This resort is not for those who have mobility issues. There are a lot of steep steps and although the resort has a funicular, it only takes 15 people at a time and often the wait is very long.
There are several pools on site, mostly salt water however for those looking for a beach, there is none. The hotel has a jetty with some steps into the sea. For those who are nervous about not being to stand in the water, this is not the resort for you. The rocks closer to the shore are sharp and not easy to stand on.
There are 4 restaurants on site, Italian, Steak, Asian and Greek. The breakfast buffet was excellent but we were very disappointed with standard of the food in general, particularly in the Greek and Asian restaurants. There seemed to be huge quantities of everything with not much flavour! The service however was excellent, particularly in the lobby bar and the Italian.
If you are planning on staying here, I would recommend it be on a bed and breakfast basis as there are plenty of wonderful places to eat in Elounda and Plaka, particularly if you like fresh fish and seafood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete