We stayed here on our honeymoon. My husband and i have travelled extensively staying in top hotels all over the world and this is one of our favorites and i would definitely come back. The breakfast was amazing and they catered for special requests like low fat yogurt too. We only had dinner at the hotel twice - both times at the Greek restuarant I think it was called Blue Door. The food was amazing. Other times we ate in the village - Plakas- a short walk from the resort. Our room was away from the phenicular on the same level of the reception. the phenicular was quite slow so we worked out a way to take the stairs down to the pool/beach instead of waiting. Despite being a big resort i found it quite private with lots of space to sit and plenty of lounges by the pool. this isnt a place where you have to bags a sunlounge at the crack of dawn. We did stay in the off season though. We received the honeymoon treatment with flowers, champagne, cake as well. You would be wise to get a hire car to get there as it is about an hours drive from the airport. Having a car also meant we could visit nearby towns as plakas doesn't have much to offer but restuarants. You must also visit Spinalonga. Get a boat from Plakas. I also visited the gym which was ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete