We ended up in the Blue Palace resort after having visited some small quiet hotels. The Blue Palace is a very large hotel and maybe it was a little too crowdy for us. The room was ok, the furniture was starting to show some damage. The bathroom was rather small but all the necessities were present.
To go to the beach you needed to use the only elevator avbailable in the resort. Sometimes you had to wait up to 15minutes to get down to the beach and swimming pool.
Big plus for this hotel: the welness facilities are free and women and men are seperated. The first day we wanted to enjoy the spa facilities, the jacuzzi water was cold, we mentioned this at the welness reception desk and the problem was already solved next morning.
Breakfast was very crowded and noisy and it was not very nice to wake up to. The staff at breakfast was so stressed out they couldn’t even smile. This was a big downer to my stay.
While we stayed in the resort, we enjoyed a nice dinner in one of the hotel restaurants. The food was great! There was a nice and calm atmosphere and you could see this worked wonders for the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splendia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete