We booked three nights here to kick start our honeymoon. It really was a lovely resort - although I think I appreciated it more after seeing the standard of the other accommodation we went on to stay in.
I was a little disappointed with our (upgraded) room. It was a massive space with lovely bathrooms and a plunge pool, but the soft furnishings were a little shabby and dated. A similarly priced UK hotel would be a LOT more plush. We were lucky that our plunge pool wasn't overlooked, as we noticed a lot of them weren't so private.
The service was 5 star though. The beach and poolsides were well tended, the rooms made at least twice a day, the reception staff helpful. Everything was just so comfortable!
The restaurants were a little disappointing since in Crete it seems vegetarians eat fish and ham, but when we mentioned this we were told that as the food was freshly made they could make up a dish for us.The salads at the Italian restaurant were particularly fresh and tasty. Breakfast however was a feast! Everything so fresh, and so much choice - and real champagne if that took your fancy... it quickly became my favourite meal of the day.
I had a bad experience at the spa, but when I complained we were offered a complimentary treatment and the second time it was wonderful - just the relaxing experience you'd hope for.
We must have mentioned that we were on our honeymoon when we checked in, because on our last night, there was a bottle of champagne and a cake in our room, and a bath strewn with petals made ready for us!
All in all a luxurious and memorable start to married life :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete