We stayed at the Blue Palace for the weekend and upon arrival we were informed that we were given an upgrade to a room with a private pool ! Now that's a great way to start your holidays !
The room was superb, spacious, modern and overlooking the island of Spinaloga. Large bathroom with both shower and bathtub. Our private pool was a dream, a bit cold but we did expect that since we were reaching the end of September! We had a swim and we actually met our neighbours as well and they were lovely people. We had complimentary water in the room and there was a bottle of raki with a fruit platter on the table.
The private beach is very well taken care of, given the fact that the beach is rocky and it is pretty painful to walk on barefooted, they have a floating pier for the convenience of their guests. They provided us with complimentary beach towels and we enjoyed every bit of the sea and the outdoor swimming pool. The beach bar has a great variety of freshly squeezed fruit juices so we did enjoy them as well. We made a quick visit to the spa, just to use their sauna and jacuzzi. Definitely worth it and the spa staff was friendly.
We were amazed by the breakfast the following morning, I don't think I have ever seen a biggest breakfast buffet in my life. They had everything you could possibly imagine, it was the highlight of our mornings! Great variety and so many tasteful choices! Again, the staff was lovely and we were greeted with a smile every morning from the ladies who took our coffee orders.
A few extra pros:
- Room service was fast.
- Housekeeping did an excellent job. Turndown service every evening.
- Italian restaurant 'Isola' had a great view of Spinaloga and food/wine were excellent.
- Beds were comfortable and cozy with three types of pillows.
The only cons I can imagine were the internet connection (the signal was not strong in our room and we were disconnected most of the times) and the lift which is extremely slow but it's for the guests' safety I guess.
Special thanks to Vasso and Penny who made our stay even more memorable by helping us with dinner reservations and room requests. I cannot recommend this hotel enough! This is what a 5-star hotel truly is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete