“Amazing (again)” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 38, Elounda, Crete 72 053, Greece   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Elounda
“Amazing (again)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The best holiday resort ever, the staff are amazingly nice, the hotel beautiful and the memories will fade so we are already planning our return! Love it! Facilities and service are impeccable, we keep going back! The weather was superb and it almost feels like the hotel organized it :-)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sotikre, Manager at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I am delighted to learn that you had such an amazing time and plan to return. I have passed your kind words to all the team which is very rewarding and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to take care of you.

Sotiris Kremastiotis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
peterborough uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Palace for 11 nights in June. The hotel had arranged for our taxi from the airport and they had provided bottles of cool water and wet wipes which were most welcome. The welcome on arrival at the hotel was a taste of things to come. I can categorically say that the best thing about the hotel is the staff. Every member of staff that we had contact with were friendly, welcoming and more than willing to go the extra mile. In particular, our housekeeper was extremely helpful and friendly. And not to forget the room service guys - always smiling and gracious.
Breakfast is excellent - the buffet is plentiful and lots of variety, too numerous to mention - including pink or white champagne - the real stuff!
We had a room with its own infinity pool. The room was large and comfortable. The ensuite is excellent and provided first class toiletries. My only regret was that I didn't take my own hairdryer. A comment on here said that the hairdryer in the room was good but if like me, you have lots of hair, then I'd recommend you take your own dryer. The infinity pool was supposed to be warm but felt quite cool. However, on some very hot days, this was quite refreshing. The veranda to the pool is good but not a place to sunbathe after 1pm as it's in the shade by this point. The rooms all appear to look out to sea so have excellent views of the sea and Spinalonga Island.
The pools on the resort are excellent and the sunbathing areas more than adequate. The beach is pebbly so not good for the feet but if you want to swim, then there are 2 jetties provided to get into the sea. Looking out to sea, the steps on the left hand side of the jetty is easier to get out of the water than the one on the right!

Our only *dislike* about the resort (for want of a better word) is that we were not too impressed by the restaurants on site. The Greek restaurant we tried on our first night and I wasn't too impressed by the calmari as it wasn't crispy and very chewy. Also, we tried the Italian and found the pizza base hard but not in a good way. Maybe if they invested in a proper pizza oven, this might improve the baking. However, we tried the Flame restaurant twice and were very happy with the meal and the service. Everything is provided in a very relaxed atmosphere with a fantastic view looking out to sea. The steaks were fantastic. This was the most pricey restaurant but we think it was worth it.
Room service - the staff service was excellent but not quite so with the food. We had the lobster and mango salad one night - I believe this was frozen lobster and it all looked a bit mushy on the plate. However, the fruit and parma ham was excellent.

Taking all this in mind, we would definitely recommend this resort to anyone.

Just five mins walk away is the village of Plaka which has approximately 6 or 7 tavernas. We ate at 3 of them and they were all reasonably priced with very happy/smiley staff (are all the Greek people so happy?)

We took a boat trip from Elounda to Spinalonga - it was a hot walk around the island and there wasn't much to see in my opinion but we did get some good photo shots. Take a bottle of water with you if you visit.

We also took a Fun Train trip up the mountain to a Cretain village (the blue train). As one who doesn't have a head for heights, I was dreading the trip (my partner wanted to do it) but it was nowhere near as scary as I thought. The views were amazing and the guide was extremely knowledgeable. We visited a taverna in the village - we had bread, cheese, ham and fruit salad for two (which was delicious), bottle of water and half a caraf of wine all for 11 euros. The taverna even threw in complimentary yoghurt with topping.

In Elounda we visited The Ferryman taverna - the food was excellent but I think we were overcharged for the fish! We also had to pay for bread and a dessert, neither of which we had ordered. On visiting another taverna in Elounda we were given complimentary bread and butter, cake and even a glass of raki! I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was close to the square with a road going through the middle of it. The staff were good fun in that restaurant.

Hope this helps any future travellers to the region.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your full and comprehensive review of your recent stay with us, I was thrilled that you were generally pleased with your stay. Our guest feedback is invaluable to us and helps us to enhance the experience and address the finer details so I do appreciate your comments which I have taken on board for future review. Your kind words about our staff is the reward we seek from our guests in our staffs continued effort to go out of their way to make your stay relaxing and unforgettable. Your compliments have been passed on to all the team who were indeed very grateful to receive them.
Thank you very much for recommending us to fellow travellers and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This resourt & spa was the last part of our trip in Crete. In general - good feeling, luxury atmosphere, friendly staff and relevant to the stated level services: good Greek cosmetics provided in the rooms, room cleaning twice a day with weather forecast and facial wipes, great breakfast with champagne and of course beautiful sea view, nice spa area with all the services. ALthough, there were couple minuses that may spoil all the ***** atmosphere: all the restaurants on the territory of the resourt are very average. Not proportional to the prices. There is no internet in the rooms, no kettler as in all Hotels starting from ***, you have to order tea in your room which is double price. This is unappropriate for the Resourt of such level. All in all infrustructure is great and very convinient.

Room Tip: go to Plaka for the fresh seafood variaty, its a village very close by to Elounda Blue Palace resour...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay at the Blue Palace.
Although I was truly glad to read that you enjoyed the magnificent views and our service was up to your expectations, it is truly regrettable that you were not fully satisfied with your dining experience. It is great to learn from each of our guest experiences and your review highlights the areas you truly enjoyed, as well as those we need to focus on improving. I appreciate your remarks regarding our restaurants and I have noted them for future review.
It was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spend 7 days at the Blue Palace in early June. if there were 6 stars I would give it to this hotel. We had exceptional service, fabulous breakfast and a view that could not be beat. Everyone remember our names and what we like. I was injured in Plaka by a motorcycle (did not look both ways before crossing the street) and the hotel summonsed Dr Alexandra who took very good care of me. Everyone from the hotel manager to the servers in the pool lounge went out of their way to be kind. I was so relaxed and comfortable that it was hard to leave. The facilities are superb, spotless and luxurious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool. The view is worth the extra.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for your outstanding review. It was wonderful to read all your lovely words about our resort.
It is great to know that despite your accident which I was sorry to hear you had, our staff and doctor attended your needs and helped in making you feel comfortable and enjoying your stay. It will be my pleasure to pass on your words of praise to all the team who will be very happy to know they provided such a memorable experience.
I do hope you will give us the pleasure to welcome you back to Blue Palace for another unforgettable and relaxing holiday.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I are very fussy when it comes to hotels - yet we couldn't pick a single fault about this place. The service, rooms, food, views and pools were exceptional. We mentioned it was our honeymoon and come back at the end of the day to find a bottle of Champaign on ice and a bath ran with flower peddles floating in it. Great touch. Champaign served at breakfast each day made a nice start to the day also :)

Only thing I would do differently is perhaps skip the Asia Blue restaurant they have… not very authentic.

Over all - definitely recommend! Didn't want to leave.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review and for choosing to stay with us.
It was our great pleasure to look after you. We love to make our guests special occasions feel even more memorable by offering them the special touches you mention. We are very dedicated in making each and every guest stay as unique as possible and I am truly glad we achieved that on this very important celebration of your life.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Crete.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to the lovely blue palace for our honeymoon in June 2013 and it certainly didn't disappoint. From the moment we landed in Crete to the moment we left we had an amazing time.
The blue palace is an excellent hotel located in a perfect place, 5 minute walk to plaka, which we did nearly everyday for a carafe of wine (4.50 euros) and some nibbles, all very reasonable although we tended to go to the carab tree (centre of the village) and giovannis on the seafront. We also visited elounda for a couple of meals which is a 7euro taxi ride away, perfect for a change of scene. We tried the ferryman restaurant which was lovely but expensive!
The hotels food was exceptional, the breakfast had everything you could possibly want from striking colourful fruit to freshly made waffles. All of the hotels restaurants were lovely although our favourite had to be flame, the steaks were to die for and the view lovely.
The rooms were kept to a great standard with maid service twice a day and very comfortable beds. The bathroom was sizeable and full of all the mod cons you could want, including a tv to watch whilst you are in the bath!
The only downside of this hotel is the price of the drinks, with a glass of wine costing 7euros. I know it's a 5* hotel so I expected this and we went to plaka instead however would have been nice to have a night in with a little less cost.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate to suggest this to friends and family and would love to return! I already miss the Greek way of life and the food...

• Stayed June 2013
sotikre, Manager at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us to celebrate your honeymoon and I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful time on this special occasion.
It is always nice to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including dinner and breakfast and I am thrilled that our housekeeping services met your expectations.
Once again thank you for recommending us to others and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Blue palace for another perfect holiday.

Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I organised a work trip with 17 delegates to the Blue Palace in June this year. I have to say it was one of the smoothest trips I have ever organised. The hotel staff were totally fantastic - especially Katerina & Barbara, but all the staff in the restaurants, at reception, on the beach and in the bars were superb. Incredibly friendly, extremely helpful and it felt like they were very passionate about creating a good experience for all of their guests. The food in most of the restaurants was very good & very fresh, especially the Blue Door, which was a great Greek experience. All the rooms we had were very clean with fantastic views of the sea and the Island. The meeting area was great, well catered and looked after, much like the rest of the hotel. Getting around the hotel did sometimes feel a little difficult - it was a little confusing getting to the rooms, the service could also be a little slow, but that was more to do with us being a larger group than most there. It was a fantastic experience overall and I would love to go back. Thank you to everyone there for making it a great trip, and making my life easier!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

My most sincere thanks for your excellent comments about the Blue Palace.
I was very pleased to read your review knowing that our staff took good care of you, as that is the reward we seek from our guests in our staffs continued effort to go out of their way to make your stay relaxing and unforgettable. Your compliments have been passed on to all the teams who were delighted to receive them.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Blue Palace and I truly look forward to have you back for another great holiday.

Sotiris Kremastiotis

Been to Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!