It was the second part of our honeymoon (the first you can read in Astra Suites' reviews) and it was not worst than Santorini part.
This hotel is not so extravagnt like small white houses of Imerovigli. There is breakfast in reastaraunt, pool with sea water (even more than one), beach, big territory, real bath in bathroom, etc. But it absolutely doesnt mean that the Blue Palace has no romantic, luxury atmosphere. The Blue Palace absolutely has it!
Almost every day of our staying we were finding a new surprise in our room. It could be a champaign and strawberry, local bread and wine or even ready bath with candles and rose petals!
What else do you want?
The Palace widly spread out on the bay coast opposite to famouse Spinalonga island. As old Spinalonga casle is under state protection, it's prohibitted to use waterbikes, make other noise and pollution in the bay. So sea is really clean and it quietly around the hotel. Obviously there is no shop, market near the hotel.
The Blue Palace is few bulding and villas among green and flowers. We had a room with a private pool and it was realy nice. If need romantic and special conditions I'd recommend you the same.
The room is very comfortable, bathroom is big and comfortable. But note that there is no iron, iron desk, kettle, tea, coffee etc. in the room. And you have your own balcony and the pool and it is amazing!
The hotel has few pools with sea water and a beach. The pools are big and comfortable. The beach is pebble but has enough wood board path for walking. So eneter into the sea is not comfortable but there is a big raft for swimming and diving. There is no water sports but the water ski and no beach tradesmen.) A one problem with the beach - it realy long way to go from high level rooms. There is a funicular to the beach but it slow, hot (in the midday) and its capacity no more than 5-6 people. But honestly it's not a big problem.
A breakfast is delicous, a few very good restaurants in the hotel
Of course you need a car to get to Eolunda, Agios Nikolaos etc.
So it is really good choice for romantic staying!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete