“Stunning views, excellent food, beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early Special Offer
Ranked #9 of 36 hotels in Elounda
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning views, excellent food, beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in August last year. The place has stunning views over the blue water, all restaurants have absolutely delicious food, great selection for breakfast. Staff are very professional and polite and cannot do enough to make you feel comfortable and looked after.

We had half board and it was a good deal for our money. With your half board you can choose to have breakfast/lunch or breakfast/dinner. We always picked dinner and had our lunch either at one of the restaurants in the hotel or at one of the restaurants in the nearest village (which had a couple of really nice places just 5 minutes walk from the hotel). I know many people mention that the place is pricey so we were really preparing for something unreasonable and in the end were positively surprised. This is a 5 star hotel, with some amazing quality food and we found the prices were roughly same as in any good London restaurant or even a bit cheaper. I don't think this is unreasonable and to be honest the quality was worth every penny!

The Blue Door (Greek) restaurant is the most romantic restaurant in the hotel. It is right on the beach overlooking Spinalonga island. Book your table for early in the evening to enjoy the sun going down as you are having your dinner – absolutely stunning! The steak place had some incredible meat on offer!!

Another thing that we absolutely loved was the perfect warm water in the pool. We were never cold getting into it, it was absolutely perfect (especially for those guests who were there with their kids).

If I may complain about one thing, it has to be the attitude of one particular waitress (who I think was the head waitress/manager) at the Asian restaurant. The menu had 5-7 still water choices. The very first time we ordered some still water we realised that we were brought the most expensive one. We didn't quite like the fact that we were not even told that there was a water menu and it was assumed that we would take the most expensive one. We didn't say anything and assumed this was not on purpose. Next time we had dinner at the restaurant, the same woman served our table and again we asked for some still water and she never asked which one. Just as we expected - we got the most expensive one once again. Don't think this was appropriate or a sign of good service. I didn’t see the same happening at tables which were served by other people.

But this little thing aside, don't hesitate to book a holiday at this hotel and you will not regret it. We spent 10 days there right after our wedding to recover from the stress of the big day and The Blue Palace delivered exactly what we needed. A perfect place to relax, perfect weather, beautiful views and great food and wine.

And don't spend extra on a room with a private pool. The room size will be the same and I didn't see anyone using their private pools. I heard some guests complaining that they were too cold. The spa was also very good, definitely try it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sotikre, Manager at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to spend such a special time of your life with us and for the amazing review following your stay at the Blue Palace. It is very rewarding to know we exceeded your expectations and that you received exactly what you needed as newlyweds.
We have a very dedicated team of people who work hard and who take pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests. I will definitely pass your compliments on to my team.
Whilst the overall impression received from your comments is clearly a positive one, I would like to apologize for the little incident you encountered at the Asia Blue and although I trust the mistake was not intentional I can assure you it will not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
Thank you once again for allowing us to be part of your special time. I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Blue Palace for another unforgettable experience.

861 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Greek first
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a long overdue review of the Blue Palace. We have stayed at the hotel twice: in 2010 and 2012. On both occasions we wanted a luxury hotel, beautiful surroundings, good weather (sadly lacking in the UK!), good food and wine and somewhere where we could just switch off for a week, relax, read all those books we never have the time to read at home and recharge our batteries – the Blue Palace delivers on all of these things. The hotel is beautifully designed so that every aspect looks out towards Spinalonga, which is definitely worth a trip. We noticed that few of the staff had changed since our first visit and some of them even remembered us. The staff are a huge asset to the resort: they are all so polite, friendly and helpful, I simply cannot praise them highly enough but I have managed to remember some individuals that made our stay so wonderful: the lovely Athena (bar), Eva (Manager of Asia Blue) and Andreas (who seemend omnipresent!).

Room Tip: All rooms have views out to sea so I doubt anyone will be disappointed but book a bungalow if you li...
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to have you staying with us and I am most grateful for your continued support.
I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback as it is very motivating and inspiring to know that we continue to exceed your expectations.
We do indeed have a fantastic team that are dedicated to providing the highest levels of customer service and work hard in trying to ensure all our guests have a truly memorable experience. It will be my pleasure to pass on your amazing comments to the whole team with special thanks to the people you named above.
We all look forward to your next visit to the Blue Palace Resort & Spa.

Nokomis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent four nights at this wonderful hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. Our up and down suite was subliminal with a terrace on both levels, being on the highest level the view was lovely and very private. What a relief after Athens and the Smog.

Room Tip: Spend the Money for a suite!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
sotikre, Manager at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your four night stay at the Blue Palace. I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel well located.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort on a future visit.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is one of my favorite resort. our suite has beautiful water view. I like the most is each suite has own swim pool, and very private.
The breakfast is the best. Wish all the hotel do breakfast like they do. Restaurant by the beach is very traditional, great food, nice place for lunch.
Beautiful tennis court on the top of the hill. I can't wait to go back. Such a romantic place for couples. Definitely is the best choice for honeymoon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sotikre, Manager at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was very pleasing to note that you felt we provided a fantastic experience in a great location and it is much appreciated that you have kindly recommended our services to other reviewers.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I am so pleased to hear that you will be coming back to visit us on a future trip.

Best Regards

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

So breathtaking! Room left a bit to be desired but the view from our sweet was spectacular. Breakfast each morning was from the main buffet area and looked out over an island across the bay, providing an unbelievable scene. My husband and I stayed here for four nights during our honeymoon last June and were greeted by champagne and a sweetbread in our room upon arrival.
Make sure to check out Plaka, the small fishing village a short walk from the hotel grounds, for a few meals during your stay. Lots of fresh fish prepared table-side and lively local flavor!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sotikre, Manager at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your lovely feedback following your stay with us at the Blue Palace Resort & Spa.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location and its breathtaking views as well as the special touches we provided for your honeymoon.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Blue Palace on a future visit.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent amenities, good food and good service.
It is not a cheap hotel but you get the value for your money by staying there. Breakfast buffet with champagne, if you so desire, included in the room price. Greek yogurt made locally.

Room Tip: Rooms with private swimming pools are the best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us, and that our team members were able to make this visit a memorable one.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Blue Palace for another unforgettable stay.

Sotiris kremastiotis

Driffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Sea view bungalow turned out to be a fairly standard hotel room with balcony - admittedly with a good sea view. In early October facilities and restaurants were routinely closed and some entertainments did not materialise. Restaurant food at best so, so. Greek poor!
Lacking in atmosphere, better to stroll to the village next door for character and value. Elounda a total disappointment.

Room Tip: Do not automatically believe you will get a "bungalow" even if described as such. Strange...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am deeply disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We take all our guests feedback very seriously, and I was disheartened to learn that you did not enjoy the hotel ambience nor your room or our facilities.
May I kindly note that although October is a more quite period for the hotel, the operating hours of our venues mainly depend on the weather which at that time of the year sometimes might be bad. However we always have an alternative venue to accommodate all our guests.
We do appreciate all our guests’ feedback, as this is the only way we have to truly measure and continuously improve the service we provide to our guests.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove to you the standards of service our guests have come to expect from us.

Sotiris Kremastiotis

Been to Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!