My husband and I stayed at the hotel in August last year. The place has stunning views over the blue water, all restaurants have absolutely delicious food, great selection for breakfast. Staff are very professional and polite and cannot do enough to make you feel comfortable and looked after.
We had half board and it was a good deal for our money. With your half board you can choose to have breakfast/lunch or breakfast/dinner. We always picked dinner and had our lunch either at one of the restaurants in the hotel or at one of the restaurants in the nearest village (which had a couple of really nice places just 5 minutes walk from the hotel). I know many people mention that the place is pricey so we were really preparing for something unreasonable and in the end were positively surprised. This is a 5 star hotel, with some amazing quality food and we found the prices were roughly same as in any good London restaurant or even a bit cheaper. I don't think this is unreasonable and to be honest the quality was worth every penny!
The Blue Door (Greek) restaurant is the most romantic restaurant in the hotel. It is right on the beach overlooking Spinalonga island. Book your table for early in the evening to enjoy the sun going down as you are having your dinner – absolutely stunning! The steak place had some incredible meat on offer!!
Another thing that we absolutely loved was the perfect warm water in the pool. We were never cold getting into it, it was absolutely perfect (especially for those guests who were there with their kids).
If I may complain about one thing, it has to be the attitude of one particular waitress (who I think was the head waitress/manager) at the Asian restaurant. The menu had 5-7 still water choices. The very first time we ordered some still water we realised that we were brought the most expensive one. We didn't quite like the fact that we were not even told that there was a water menu and it was assumed that we would take the most expensive one. We didn't say anything and assumed this was not on purpose. Next time we had dinner at the restaurant, the same woman served our table and again we asked for some still water and she never asked which one. Just as we expected - we got the most expensive one once again. Don't think this was appropriate or a sign of good service. I didn’t see the same happening at tables which were served by other people.
But this little thing aside, don't hesitate to book a holiday at this hotel and you will not regret it. We spent 10 days there right after our wedding to recover from the stress of the big day and The Blue Palace delivered exactly what we needed. A perfect place to relax, perfect weather, beautiful views and great food and wine.
And don't spend extra on a room with a private pool. The room size will be the same and I didn't see anyone using their private pools. I heard some guests complaining that they were too cold. The spa was also very good, definitely try it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete