This is a long overdue review of the Blue Palace. We have stayed at the hotel twice: in 2010 and 2012. On both occasions we wanted a luxury hotel, beautiful surroundings, good weather (sadly lacking in the UK!), good food and wine and somewhere where we could just switch off for a week, relax, read all those books we never have the time to read at home and recharge our batteries – the Blue Palace delivers on all of these things. The hotel is beautifully designed so that every aspect looks out towards Spinalonga, which is definitely worth a trip. We noticed that few of the staff had changed since our first visit and some of them even remembered us. The staff are a huge asset to the resort: they are all so polite, friendly and helpful, I simply cannot praise them highly enough but I have managed to remember some individuals that made our stay so wonderful: the lovely Athena (bar), Eva (Manager of Asia Blue) and Andreas (who seemend omnipresent!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete