Have just returned from a lovely week at the hotel and would highly recommend the resort. Beautiful setting and spotless, comfortable facilities made for a completely relaxing holiday. There are several pool areas to choose from and a lovely beach area that is exclusive to the hotel. All the staff were very helpful and welcoming. The spa is a welcome addition and provides high quality treatments. I had a facial, an olive oil massage and a pedicure during the stay and all were excellent. Sauna, pool, jacuzzi and gym are also available in the spa and can be used for free throughout the day and evening by hotel guests.
There are several reastaurants, but the Greek taverna style restaurant right next to the sea was our favourite - the food was so fresh and the portions very generous, so courses can be easily shared. It is also easy to walk into the local village of Plaka, which is around 10 minutes away along the beach. There is a small well-stocked supermarket and many good local restaurants there too - all serving a great selection of fish and seafood.
Because the hotel is laid out in several areas over a hillside it never felt crowded, even though we were there in high season. Naturally as a five star facility it is expensive, especially with the current Euro exchange rate. However, the standard of service and setting made it worth it in my view. I haven't felt this relaxed on return from a holiday in a long time. The only improvement I would suggest is to the fridges in the bedrooms. These appear to switch off when the room key is removed so that mini bar drinks and any personal bottles stored there are seldom very cold. But other than that we were very satisfied with our stay and look forward to returning again. I would even consider staying there as a single woman for a quiet break (as I saw several others did). It is easy to arrange to hire a car or to join trips around the island, but is also a good environment to be able to relax without any hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete