Stayed at this hotel for 1 week from 14th April 2013. Lets start with the positives, the location of the hotel is wonderful and the views are stunning. Our room overlooked the bay with clear views of Spinalonga Island.
The room was a bit 'tired' but very clean and the large double bed was very comfortable. You needed a degree in engineering to work out the shower, but hot water was plentiful.
The walk to and from the bus stop, road and private beach is very steep and not suitable for those who are infirm or have difficulty either walking or breathing.
The staff are absolutely fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. The two members of staff who were outstanding was the lovely lady who ran the Asian Restaurant (delicious food and a must) and the young lady who is the Client Liaison person.
Food however (with the exception of the Asian restaurant) was average. Well cooked but boring and repetitive (I don't know anyone who wants to eat rabbit!!!)
Bottled water was provided on the table when dining, but if you wanted bottled water for your room you had to buy it, very poor for 'all inclusive' especially in a hot climate.
Lunch could be taken either in the dining room or 'snacks' were available around the pool or on the beach (not appetising).
This hotel needs to sort out what it wants to be. There was no tea and cakes at 4pm which would be very welcome. The pool bar looks tired and drab although the service was excellent. There is a distinct shortage of sun loungers and space and yet in other areas a lot of wasted space.
Don't expect any evening entertainment, just one evening that was worth watching with a fantastic singer and a second night with a rubbish quick change act. So if you don't like propping up a bar then it will be a taxi ride for any entertainment.
The nearest town of any note is Elounda about a 30 minute stroll (buses are only about 1 per hour). From Elounda you can get the bus to Ag Nic at a very reasonable cost of 3.40 Euros return.
Lastly PLEASE DON'T BOTHER with the all day boat trips to Spinalonga as you end up only getting an all too short 1 hr visit to this interesting island. Save your 40 Euros per person and take a 40 minute stroll to Plaka and take an 8 Euro boat trip and spend a couple of hours there.
Overall an enjoyable holiday, but the hotel needs to upgrade itself if it aspires to a Boutique Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sentido Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Sentido Elounda Blu Crete