This was a great experience from initial contact to the end of our holiday. I exchanged e mails with staff who arranged the following on request, transport to and from the airport ( a bit expensive I thought) flowers delivered to the hotel for my lady friend, free transport to a sister hotel for our last night as the hotel was closing that day.
We started the last week of the season so we were a bit worried but needn't have been. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The food was varied and good quality. Rooms were clean and maintained daily. It's about a 15 minute walk into the village of Elounda. The Ferryman in the harbour is well worth a visit. If you are not very mobile then this is not the place for you as there are steep climbs to your accommodation. There is a buggy available on request but if you are in the top section then it's not much use. Reception very helpful with information on available tours, bus times etc. Kostas and Eva in the main and Asian restaurants were also very helpful and courteous. I would like to think I would go back again but would probably hire a car as transport is not very frequent e.g. the bus could take up to 3 hours to get to Heraklion as it goes to Agios Nikolaos first where you then may have to wait to catch a connecting bus to Heraklion. A car would do it in about an hour. Adults only is definitely a plus.
It appeared there was an audit of staff whilst we were there but amazingly we and other guests were a bit surprised we were not asked for any opinions/comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Sentido Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Sentido Elounda Blu Crete