We are a family notoriously difficult to please, but our stay at this hotel was excellent in many respects.
We had booked 2 rooms with shared pools in the resort, and on arrival one of the rooms had an overwhelmingly bad smell. Reception were extremely helpful and immediately moved us to 2 rooms with private pools! This was an unexpected upgrade, which is an indication of the level of service from the staff here. Having said that as we are a family, a shared pool would have suited us better, but a minor quibble! If you know the set out of the hotel you'll understand what I mean.
The rooms are of a reasonable size and very well maintained with all the usual facilities.
Overall the staff are superb and the hotel is well run. The food is of a consistently high quality, both at breakfast and dinner, although the lunchtime options are a little limited, (and expensive). These are definitely 5* prices!
The gardens and beach are lovely, and again well maintained and manned with caring staff.
The surrounding area is well worth exploring, with Elounda, Agi Nik and Spinalonga close by. I would recommend an evening visit to Plaka to one of the fish tavernas and for the views.
Our only complaint with this hotel was the amount of under fives staying there. We might have been just unlucky but there were hoards of them and they detracted from the otherwise exclusive air of the hotel. And this is nothing to do with the hotel itself of course.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, and I would probably return too - which says something!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, Escapio and HotelsClick so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete