I visited here at the end of August. It started off a bit shaky with an awful experience with v v slippery steps and confusion over the dine around. But after we set that aside our holiday was lovely!
The rooms are simple, very clean and benefit from the most amazing views! The beds are comfy, the showers hot and the toiletries were FAB!
The restaurant over the pool was good but the pool could have benefitted from a clean???? A little forgotten maybe? The bar nearby was run by George who was great remembering my order and warm milk for my son but again the pool a little dirty??? Such a shame as the view is first class?
The food food in the restaurants was to a very high standard but the hotel was so inflexible with the children? Why? This is supposed to be the family friendly hotel out of the 3? To get pasta for my son at lunch time was a headache but they did concede in the end so why the resistance to such a simple request????. We also had this when my nephew ordered Garlic Bread in the Italian - a flat NO! He's 11 and it's Italian? ...............
We travelled with Powder Byrne who are AMAZiNG with families and children and convinced us to come back next year.
So despite my whines it is a great places for families and typifies Greece but does need to be a little more flexible in the future if it wants to survive in a highly competitive end of the market.
Be aware it's a long steep walk to the beach/pool and few children's menu - I don't want chicken nuggets but small pasta dishes or small grown up dinners are hard come by here.
I know I sound hard but we did enjoy this hotel and we are returning next year as it has more plus points than negative points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete