“This place grew on me!” 4 of 5 stars

Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dimokratias 10, Elounda, Crete 72053, Greece   |
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Elounda
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“This place grew on me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I visited here at the end of August. It started off a bit shaky with an awful experience with v v slippery steps and confusion over the dine around. But after we set that aside our holiday was lovely!
The rooms are simple, very clean and benefit from the most amazing views! The beds are comfy, the showers hot and the toiletries were FAB!
The restaurant over the pool was good but the pool could have benefitted from a clean???? A little forgotten maybe? The bar nearby was run by George who was great remembering my order and warm milk for my son but again the pool a little dirty??? Such a shame as the view is first class?
The food food in the restaurants was to a very high standard but the hotel was so inflexible with the children? Why? This is supposed to be the family friendly hotel out of the 3? To get pasta for my son at lunch time was a headache but they did concede in the end so why the resistance to such a simple request????. We also had this when my nephew ordered Garlic Bread in the Italian - a flat NO! He's 11 and it's Italian? ...............
We travelled with Powder Byrne who are AMAZiNG with families and children and convinced us to come back next year.
So despite my whines it is a great places for families and typifies Greece but does need to be a little more flexible in the future if it wants to survive in a highly competitive end of the market.
Be aware it's a long steep walk to the beach/pool and few children's menu - I don't want chicken nuggets but small pasta dishes or small grown up dinners are hard come by here.
I know I sound hard but we did enjoy this hotel and we are returning next year as it has more plus points than negative points.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ilias K, Manager at Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review porto elounda Golf & Spa resort, for all your positive comments and for the fact that you intend to visit us again next year. Repeat clients is the award that every hotelier is looking for.
Regarding your comments, I can assure you they have all been very well noted and taken into serious consideration for our 2015 operation. We did have a serious problem with the pools at the restaurant level which was not due to not cleaning them, but from some damage that was made to the tiles during the total renovation of the restaurant. Unfortunately we were not able to empty the pools and replace the tiles during the operation of the hotel for safety reasons, but we will be replacing them during winter when the hotel will be closed.
Also please note that we are already preparing our 2015 F&B menus and prices, which will include a kids menu in the main restaurants of the resort, with a number of options.
Finally please note that the distance from the hotel the the private beach is only 250m, while a buggy is always available at the reception and the beach area to transfer guests that don’t wish to walk. We are really sorry if this option was not communicated to you during your stay.
Your feedback was really important and helpful for us and we would like to thank you for one more time for that.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to porto elounda Golf & Spa resort next year.
Best Regards
Ilias Kokotos
Marketing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent in almost all respects. We could point to what we consider to be improvements to be made but nothing of any serious note. On the plus side we can highlight the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff we came into contact with. Otherwise there is a great deal on offer that will keep you going happily for a week or more and certainly well fed. Try one of the rooms with its own private pool or immediate access to a larger, shared pool. The only niggle worth mentioning is the five star price of alcohol and food in the specialty restaurants but the quality of both is high

Room Tip: Second floor with private pool
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Cortland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This past week I spent 2 nights of my 1 week first trip ever to Greece and the islands. I traveled with a group of travel agents (I am not an agent). We all had rooms with views of the sea. When I first looked out our porch the first evening and saw the near full moon shining down upon the sea I could not believe my eyes. Then the next morning I awoke around 7 am and saw the most wonderful sunrise! The staff was outstanding, the food was so delicious (I ate the buffet dinner two nights in a row and breakfast one morning. Great variety, wonderfully prepared food. I cannot say enough great things about the beauty of the property, the quality of the food and the staff! I will be back!!

Room Tip: You definitely will want to wake up with a view of the sea!!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was the second time I visited Elounda complex! This time I chose to stay in Porto Elunda, with my godson and his mother. The reason I chose it was that it was more prise sensitive and could may be described as more family oriented!
Happily, I could combine quality time with my family and at the same time get to choose from the variety of activities Porto Elounda provides. Water ski and wake board were my everyday routine and right after I would enjoy the great Spa for massage.
My experience was great and I would love to come back!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, this is the perfect location for anybody who want some silence.
The hotel is situated in a beautiful bay that combines a complex of three luxury hotels, in between u have spa, restuarants and other activities meaning u dont even have to leave the hotel.
But we left the hotel, you can rent any motor vehicle u'd like (quad, bike, car) in elounda village or agios nikolaos. both of them are good for shopping or just eating.
I would recommend to consult everything with the amazing reception crew, for they can arrange everything to you by the smallest details. dont read any of the comments below, the staff is amazing we've been to the hotel in 5th in october 2014.
I would mention that the restuarants and other things the complex of the hotel has to offer is not that good, we didnt enjoy the restuarants and the cofee is very very bad. also the prices are much higher than the greek standards. i would recommend to go out to city and try the cofee shops or the good fish resturants. also the rooms are very nice, we took the most standard room and it was very neat, also big with nice furtinure. the hotel is cleaning the hotel twice a day even more.

in conclusion, i recommend this vacation, and i will be defiently come back.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are good and silent. dont worry if the put you near to the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went my husband and I for a massage at this beautiful spa resort in Greece. The girls at the reception are very nice and make you feel confortable. The massages were excellent with therapist that are caring and very good. The facilities that you can use for the day are just super and the view that you have from the spa outside is breathtaking, This is a beautiful spa with a staff that is fully competent. It's clean and very quiet. We loved this place

Room Tip: It is very difficult to see the sign annoncing the spa from the road and to also find the spa witch...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is all about location, with access to a very private and stunning beach. the rooms are ok, but not necessarily up to the standards of a 5star hotel, furniture is a little tired and bathrooms although large and clean look very 80's. a lot of corridors within the hotel means that pretty much everything is a bit of a trek especially when it's hot and you're pushing a buggy. staff is friendly. food in the swimming pool area is simply extortionate with two choices of sandwiches costing either 11euro for cheese and ham or 18 euros for club sandwich. breakfast is excellent. the dinner buffet do with a little more fresh fish and veg, especially with the price that you have to pay for it, much better to go and visit the local restaurants. I was there with my husband and two daughters 3.5 years and 3months and we were chocked to hear that the hotel would charge us 1euro a day for the use of a baby bath, seriously didn't expect it when we were spending thousand on a week stay, but apparently the hotel had issues with misuse of baby bath.
it should be all about the little gestures that make a family comfortable as per other hotels we've visited with a baby or toddler, but this one definitely failed to impress me.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Ilias K, Manager at Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review porto elounda Golf & Spa resort and for your very positive comments regarding, the location,the private sandy beach, breakfast and dinner. Please allow us some remarks, feeling that some points may be misleading.
Regarding your comment that " food in the swimming pool area is simply extortionate with two choices of sandwiches costing either 11euro for cheese and ham or 18 euros for club sandwich" please note that this is not true. First of all at there is a choice of 20 different dishes at the pool area,while the cost of a triple ham and cheese tost with French fries is not 11 euro as you mention in your review but 6 euro.
Rooms: The rooms have a minimum size of 40 sqm, which is quiet a bit more than international 5 star standards, while we have consciously kept a traditional style of decoration, combining it with all amenities and facilities of international 5 star standards.
Furthermore, all rooms and suites feature an LDC 37'' flat screen tv, a dvd, a mini bar ,dressing table with hairdryer, electronic safety deposit box, hypo-allergic pillows and feather pillows ,a furnished private balcony, while all bathrooms are marble.
Corridors: The case is that the hotel was built in such a way so that all rooms and suites have an amazing sea view.We always try to locate families with toddler near the exit so parents won't have difficulty moving about.
Baby bath: The charge of 1€ is of course for accounting and purchasing reasons only and that is why it is only 1€. We are sorry you misunderstood that.
Thank you once again for taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best Regards
Ilias S. Kokotos
Marketing Director

Been to Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!