We arrived at the resort via a bumpy, poorly maintained road and were a little nervous. However the reception staff were fabulous. 10 minutes later we were strolling past the golf course to the beach, where sun bed waitress service was excellent. The restaurants all provided a good quality meal and there was a reasonable selection of good wines. Most evenings we dined in the hotel and the service was outstanding. Our customer services liason was Ria, who could not have done more to ensure our stay was relaxed. She arranged a number of excursions for us and is now arranging for some Cretan Urns to be delivered to the UK! The acid test is whether the children want to go back and the answer is a resounding Yes. The resort succeeds because of the staff. The suite with private pool was lovely, if a little basic, but we spent most of our time in the glorious sunshine. Private boat trips to Elounda village and Spinalonga were fantastic, we can't wait to return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Escapio and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete