“LOTUS EATERS AGAIN!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotus Eaters

Lotus Eaters
Seafront | 250meters From Main Square, Keeping the Sea to Your Left, Elounda, Crete 72053, Greece
28410 41538
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Elounda
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
BASILDON, ESSEX
“LOTUS EATERS AGAIN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As usual we are looking forward to our annual trip to Elounda, and particularly to meeting our friends at the Lotus Eaters. No doubt Dan and Andreea are already busy making sure that the restauant will be in its usual pristine condition. We have always found the food, the view, wine, cocktails, and not forgetting the service, to be exceptional. If you are in the area make sure you book a table, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012

Stalybridge, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We found a true paradise here. Beautiful sea view, very attentive service and stunning food.
I will be booking a table for my Birthday in September as I can't imagine anywhere I would rather be.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hidden away from the main square of Elounda, sits Lotus Eaters. With fantastic views, and a deserved rating on Trip Advisor it's proving more and more popular each year.

I ate here on a few occasions, when I wasn't too overloaded with work in the evenings, and the fact that I resided in Agios Nikolaos.

The restaurant itself is quite small, and is sometimes missed or neglected by tourists which is a shame. However, this also has some benefits in the fact that it's peaceful, and you're not disturbed by any flow of traffic as it's away from the main roads.

The food, for the most part was spot on. There were a couple of occassions where there was a lengthy wait, but this was obviously due to how busy they were, and any restaurant can't be faulted for that. There was a couple of times when food arrived, and some of the garnitures such as rice, wasn't entirely cooked. Again, this only happened when it was packed - but it did mean either another wait for food, or just eating it.

Most of the food here is 'homemade' which is always a nice thing. Whoever is in the kitchen cooking these meals is very talented, and I enjoyed sampling the local dishes. One thing I feel they could improve upon though, is making the menu a little more extensive. I'm not talking another 20 dishes or so, but some more to give a little more choice. I found myself ordering the same dish every now and again - and this is mainly due to me being fussy, and not really a big fish fan. Desserts were fantastic.

Price wise, it is what is expected in Elounda, although I'd tip it more on the expensive side than the cheaper end of the scale.

I would recommend visiting the Lotus Eaters. Every person I spoke to that had eaten there all found it to be a good experience and thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The staff work very hard, and it does show. Props to them.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield
“Fine dining at a fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We dined here towards the end of season in October and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. My friends drank Mythos, a Greek beer, whilst I opted for a half carafe of the house white wine which was very pleasant, unlike some of the local wines around the village!

We shared a selection of delicious meze for starters - cuttlefish, fava, fried courgettes - and for the main course, I chose Moroccan lamb with couscous, and my friends had a chicken curry and a perfectly cooked entrecote steak. Suffice to say that we didn't leave a crumb on our plates between us!

We were then served with a complementary desert and small carafes of raki, the local `paint-stripper' brew - regular raki for the men and a flavoured raki for me, which I actually enjoyed!

The service and attention to detail were excellent, and at the end of the evening when it started to pour down, we were even offered a lift back into the village by the owners - service indeed!

Thank you very much for a delightful and affordable, fine dining experience - Deborah, Joschi and Stefan

• Visited October 2012
Limnes
“Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had a Fabulous Birthday Meal here in September, a big Thank you to Christine and her Family who made it a really special Evening.
Good Luck to Christine and Hubby on there Retirement.

• Visited September 2012