We have just ended a wonderful week at the Domes of Elounda.
The hotel is stylish and small enough to make it feel cosy, and offers good value for money in this high end magnificent area of Crete, particularly at this time of year.
We stayed in a sea view one bedroom suite with jacuzzi, and a stunning view across the bay to Spinalonga ! The suites are stylish, spacious and comfortable with nice furniture and high end bathroom facilities.
The breakfast buffet was good with a wide selection. We did not use the half board buffet dinner (we are not so fond of buffets) but prefered to try nice tavernas in Elounda (FerryMan is fantastic) and also ate in the a la carte Taverna of Domes twice for dinner and twice for lunch. Food was delicious, setting by the beach charming and prices were comparable to other Tavernas in Elounda.
The pool is nice but not spectacular. We much enjoyed the great spa facilities as well as the on site gym.
All staff are wonderful. We have been
impressed by their friendliness and responsiveness. We want to say a special thanks to Maggie. She rocks !
3 things to keep in mind so you are not unnecessarily disappointed.
First, be aware that the hotel is on a hill, which enables stunning sea views, yet can pose challenges for some. Now you can get a buggy up the hills - provided you are happy to wait a little.
Second, there is not much entertainment if that is what you are looking for.
Third, the beach is (like in most areas in Greece / Crete) not the fantastic whi,te sandy beach you may dream of, but rather ooks like a lake bank. Yet the Domes has made most of it with nice sunbeds on the sand and also on the garden right behind. The way to really enjoy the sea is to rent the self drive boats (50euros per hour) and cruise on your own around spinalonga island - its a lovely trip. You might want to stop at Kanali for lunch, a nice taverna by the canal you will have to take as you cruise back to the Domes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very nice view from our royal villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Tingo so you can book your Domes of Elounda Boutique Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda Boutique Beach Resort Crete