“Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ideon Hotel
and 1 more site!
You added Ideon Hotel to your Saves list
Ideon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Patriarhou Ioannikiou str | Nea Hora, Chania Town, Crete, Greece   |
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Chania Town
Belgrade, Serbia
“Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Indeon Hotel is a charming hotel with the best location in Chania. It is near to the main beach in Chania where you can find the best restauran to eat the octupus dry on the sun and the famous cretan salad and a more than reasonable price and at the same time is close to the Port, where you will feel like in Venice. The staff is marvellous, they are always ready to help you and make you feel like your are at home and the breakfast are fantastic in a beatifull terrace. The bedroom is more than good for the price you pay and extremely clean. It is a good option if you want to be in a good location and fell like at home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights.Ideal position between the city and the beach.Room was quiet, cleaned every day,bed comfortable, towels changed every day, and even upon request. Breakfast served in hotel's wonderful terrace, was relatively good but kind of typical. Tinned orange juice and thin slices of toast cheese. I wish they offered some fresh juice and some cretan cheese.The management was helpful and friendly, but the last day one of the owners, although he had seen me many times all morning and could have told me, called me at 12.10 and asked me to leave the room rather abruptly. To my request for 30' min. more, he answered'' these are the rules which are written behind your room door and you knew you had to leave at 12.00. I have new customers waiting.'' even if he was right, I didn t like his manner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

This place we found at Booking.com
And it's the same as it looks at the site. Everything was good, the room is clean, and cleaning was every day. Most of guests are from Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland. We choose this hotel because its placement - everything is near, the beach and old town, and even a bus station from where you can always go where you want to visit.
The owners of hotel are a Greek family, and their hospitality is great.
For this low price (45-48 € with breakfast, for the room per night) we found good quality. The room is not big, but there is all without over-payment : hair-dryer, safe, refrigerator, air-conditioner

• Stayed July 2012
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I've been visiting Ideon Hotel since the beginning of 2000 and never have had anything to complain about. Ok, read about other reviews' breakfast comments but, you know, that's the kind of breakfast they serve everywhere at the same class hotels. Besides, I love the morning fresh bread and the coffee is the best.The room is cleaned everyday and the beds are very comfortable.The staff is very helpful, kind and the owners warmhearted. If you seek for peace and quiet relatively close to the lively town center (10 minutes walk) and the beach (3 minutes walk) - this really is the place for you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Location: OK, not too far from the noisy old town, quiet neighbourhood, close to Nea Chora beach (which is nothing special as most people go to other beaches around Chania, but ok for a quick swim), still nothing special, could be closer to the bus stop and also closer to the old town, but it's still a walking distance.
Room: Relatively good, though a bit outdated, TV is tiny, I remember when mobile phones had display of that size. You have to pay extra if you wish your AC to be on and also if you wish to use a safety deposit box. This I found to be ridicilous, as both AC and safe are in the room, so they should really be included in the room price, it's like a hidden costs in false advertisments or something, Nice thing is that each room has a small terrace.
Toilet: It is very old and uncomfortably small. Both me and my partner are slim people but the shower was so small that it took great skill to wash yourself and not to touch walls or shower glass with your naked body (this I find quite gross, as other people who stayed there before me must have had the same situation, so this made me be a bit too intimate with them and it kinda freaked me out). The sink was clogged upon our arrival, and it took the staff about 10 days to sort it out. Also, during my first shower in there I found a bunch of old hair in the shower sink, disgusting really.
Breakfast: A disgrace! It is so missleading to say that there is breakfast as what people are served there is just ridiculous. Watered down chemicals posing as juice, old bread (once I found mould on it), couple of small butter packs and a small chemical marmalade. That was all, every day the same. This can not be called breakfast. Mind you, for as little as 5 euros you can have full continental or full english breakfast served in restaurants in town, so it can't really be too expensive to give people something decent to eat. No milk, no eggs, no ham, no nothing, really disgrace. And the juice, I mean, they have so many orange groves all over Crete that in a bar freshly squeezed orange juice goes for as little as 1,5 or 2 euros, and this guy is serving something with nutritional value and taste of DDT. Really horrible.
Other: Our towles were not changed, ok, maybe just once during two weeks stay. The owner was so stingy, not only with the breakfast but also with towels. He was forcing his poor father who is over 85 years old to sit every evening at the reception untill midnight or one after midnight and wait for the guests, it was a heartbreaking scene to find old man trying to nap in an uncomfortable chair in the middle of the night guarding reception, he really should have hired someone for this, it seems really unethical and I was surprised and shocked.
Also, owner (who, btw, seems like a really sleazy guy, though he tries to be kind) tried to get us onto his roof terrace to drink and spend money there and he was so insisting on it that we ended up trying to avoid him as it became really bothersome. There are million nicer cafes or bars or clubs in Chania and if I wish to enjoy night life I will go there and if I wish peace and quiet I will either go to a quiet beach bar or have a drink at our own room terrace. The roof terrace is ok, but it's empty, noone's there so it's really boring just sitting there and he tries to talk so much so that you would spend more and more time there drinking. He was really too pushy with this terrace thing.
I have red hair (coloured) and every time my hair is wet it leaves pinkish marks on my clothes, my towels etc and these all disappear after I wash them, even on small temperatures like 30 degrees laundry cycle, the owner was harrasing me over it as one towel was pinkish after I used it and even though I explained that this one little towel will be white again as soon as it's washed he didn't change the towels for us untill the rest of our stay. I have travelled a lot and stayed at many hotels worldwide, noone has ever complained over my red hair, just wash the towels and the pinkish hue will disappear, even on 30 degrees cycle, and I imagine hotels must wash their laundry on much higher temperatures so it will deffinitely dissappear, it just leaves bad taste to the whole experience to be pestered over something that costs two euros like a towel.
Such a bad hotel, I would never recomend it to anyone. There are plenty of other small hotels in nice neighbourhoods of Chania, this is just a disgrace.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

At the beginning, I had few difficulties to find the place. Even if the manager was a very nice person, I didn't find the emplacement very interesting. It is not that far from the old city of Hania, but for a woman solo traveler I didn't enjoy walking in the hotel area late at night. The cost was expensive too : 30£ per night for a solo person (perhaps breakfast on the roof was included). The room cleaning was made every day ( I stayed there 3 nights) and I did sleep well but I had to deal with some antz in my room. I did open the outside door of my room, maybe because of that I had antz, but it's not an excuse! The manage found me a place for the Samaria Gorge excursion and a taxi driver came to take me near the hotel. He even prepared me a breakfast the evening before that I left in the fridge, very kind of him.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Ideon Hotel? Share your experiences!