“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Veneta

You added Casa Veneta to your Saves list
Casa Veneta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55-57 Theotokopoulou | Old Town Chania, Chania Town, Crete 731 31, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Chania Town
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed by our room. The hotel was situated right in the middle of the pretty old town we had a view of the sea from our balcony. George and Stavros were really friendly and helpful. A really great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

A previous reviewer described Casa Veneta as an easy pick. So true. It's a beautiful old venetian mansion set in a nice part of Chania, just a 30 second walk from the harbor and close to parking. The room we stayed in was big and clean and had a little kitchenette. It was fairly basic but very comfortable (with a big couch) and good value for the price.

What sets Casa Veneta above and beyond, though, is the owner Stavro and his son George, who couldn't not have been more hospitable and helpful. My fiance and I arrived in at Casa Veneta in mid August without having booked accommodation for the following two nights. We planned to play it by ear. Not so fast: turns out August 15 is a national holiday in Greece. Between the two of them, Stavros and George spent more than an hour with us, both when we arrived and the next morning, discussing our options and ultimately calling a number of hotels on our behalf (all of which were halfway across the island on the south coast where we had hoped to go). We found rooms - thanks only to them.

All this was in addition to the helpful advice they gave us about Chania and Crete in general, and the attention that they paid us in terms of helping with parking and our bags and emailing us to make sure we had directions to their place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Fredrikstad, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Best hotel experience ever! Mr George and Mr Stavros (the owners, son and father) were nothing but helpful and nice all the time! The service was very good, and the room was clean. Small apartment hotel - only 9 rooms.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms are god!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

“The best hotel in this area”

This is absolutely best hotel in Chania.
First of all, I would like to thank Stavros and George for their hospitality and attention. You will feel like you are with family from you immediate arrival at the hotel. My family and I stayed for 38 nights and were extremely comfortable like it was our own home, with all comforts.

The hotel is not huge, so that’s why each guest feels like home here. The hotel is clean and well equipped. Everything is so well organized, that you won’t waste your time trying to find the facilities you need. Also, Stavros and George have exceptional knowledge of the places to see and visit. I would highly recommend they commence tours of the local area of Chania.

The hotel consists of several types of rooms. The rooms are big enough with nice bathroom and small private terrace. We had a beautiful view from our room. It was so nice just to open the balcony doors to an amazing view.

The hotel is situated in the most popular touristic area so just at the front hotel’s doors you will find a lot of restaurants, shops, cafes. Nea Chora beach is just 7 minutes on foot from the hotel. It is not a loud area at night which allows you to sleep well without any interruptions.

We were unfortunate to have one of our suitcases lost at the airport on our arrival. As soon as we mentioned this to Stavros and George the contacted all possible avenues to assist with the location of the suitcase. They took it onboard as if it was there own, this matter took two weeks to locate and was driven by Stavros and George and the suitcase was located. Without there persistence it would have been an unsuccessful outcome.

In my experience in staying at Casa Veneta I have never felt so much hospitality from any other hotel I have ever stayed at. Stavros and George take the service and care to a unexpected level that I will find extremely difficult to find again. My children are aged between 16 and 18 and have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to experience amazing hospitality at its best, this has allowed us as a family to have a holiday of a lifetime. We have travelled from Australia- Melbourne to Greece and again Stavros and George have ensured our stay and experience has been a safe and unforgettable holiday.

So, if you choose Chania as the point of your holidays and you want to be close to the active part, and be relaxed and well cared for hotel Casa Veneta is what you are looking for.

• Stayed August 2014
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I cannot speak anymore highly of this hotel. I didn't even stay in the hotel but I am blown away with how good the hotel is. My friend stayed at the hotel and once I had arrived in Chania at 7am and I couldnt check into my hotel I went to Casa Veneta where my friend was staying and I met George. He carried my bags into the hotel like I was one of his customers. I made many visits to the hotel and my friends room was beautiful, spacious and clean.
Every day the dad Stavro and the son George would greet us, ask how our day was, he would offer us food and drinks and even on the odd occasion George would bring food up to my friends room so we can eat. We went out for drinks with George on a few occasions and they really helped us and made our trip really enjoyable in Chania. There is no other hotel in Chania that I think could compare with Casa Venetas service. Stavro and George really make you feel like your part of their family. I am really disappointed I didn't stay at Casa Veneta but for future years my choice of hotel in Chania is a really easy pick.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were drawn to stay at Casa Veneta because we wanted to stay in the historic part of Chania in a friendly little hotel and the reviews on Trip Adviser suggested that this hotel would be perfect. We were not disappointed! George texted me on the day we were arriving with instructions on how to find the hotel when arriving by bus. He welcomed us so nicely and we knew that we had made the right choice. I had asked if we could stay in the room with its own little terrace and George made sure the room was available for us. It was on the very highest floor but George carried our bags up the lovely marble staircase. We really appreciated his great advice about restaurants and things to do in Chania. We met Stavros, George's Dad the next day and he was a lovely man too.
The room was clean and comfortable with its own little kitchenette, sofa, telephone etc. The bathroom was tiny but fine.
The hotel is located in a really lovely street, one of the nicest in Chania and it is nice to be a couple of streets back from all the pushy restaurants situated right beside the old harbour. As George said, " Never, never eat in one of those restaurants". There are much better choices available close by.
Each day George and Stavros were keen to hear what we had done and gave us great advice about other possible options. We really enjoyed the hospitality shown by our hosts and were very pleased that we had decided to stay a week in Chania and use it as a base for exploring western Crete and that we had chosen Casa Veneta as our hotel. It was great value for money and had a lovely family feel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fredrikstad, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We loved this place. What a finding! Amazing location right in the old town on a quiet and charming street. Lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. You allso have two small grocery store were you can buy all your essensuals.The hotel is just steps away from the Venetian harbour. We rented one studio and one apartment, both were spacious and very well equipped. The A/C was quiet and did its job. Every room had a kitchenette. The wifi worked well enough and was free. The apartment was facing the street and had a very small balcony but with a nice view of the sea and street. Every thing was spotlessly clean. The beds were all comfy and we slept allmost like home. But what was special was the hospitality of Stavros and George (his son) They allways greeted us with a "good morning/good evning how are you", eager to hear what we were going or had done today. They gave us lots of tips for nice places to eat or visit. They seemed sincerely interested in us and loved to chat. Nothing was ever a problem. Whenever we needed some help, Stavros and George did it with a smile. Up on arrival we were overwhelmed by their welcome - please sit down have som refreshments - juice, ouzo, water, wine? - we have never experienced anything like this before, and I will say we are experienced travelers. If you are looking for a place to stay in Chania, look no further - this is the place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Casa Veneta? Share your experiences!