Casa Leone is a little hard to get to (you can't drive up to it) but it is well worth it. Our cab driver at the airport had to consult with his fellow drivers about how to get to the hotel. The 5-room boutique hotel on the harbor is a restored Venetian house with many original features. My husband and I had room #4 which did not have a balcony but was very quiet. Normally, though we did have access to the balcony in the main central room. We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed watching the bustling harbor from the hotel, including a sensational rowboat race. The location was great with easy access to many restaurants, bars, and shops. Now for the good stuff. The hostess, Antonia, is the hotel's greatest asset. She is a bundle of energy, charm, and information. When we told her we were thinking of hiking the Samaria Gorge, she jumped in with both feet, laying out all the options. She said a reputable tour group could pick us up very near the hotel, take us to the top of the gorge, buy our entry tickets, include a guide, sell us ferry tickets, and take us back to the hotel...all for 5 euros more than what we would had to have paid if we did it on our own. So we did it and she was right. She also helped with dinner reservations when needed (everyone who likes seafood must go to Thalassino Ageri). If you had any reasonable request, all you needed to do was ask Antonia. And you will not believe the size and quality of the breakfasts she prepares, with the main course changing every morning. We could never finish everything. Being from Seattle, we are particular about our coffee and it passed the test with flying colors. All of this for 112.50 euros per night! One note of caution. If you are the type that must have every modern convenience, a huge bathroom, no stairs, cab delivery to the front door, etc., go somewhere else. Remember, this is basically a beautiful, but small, B&B. For us, this place was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Chania, Crete