“Fun for a high price” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 26 activities in Chania Town
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Chania Segway Tours is happy to welcome you to Chania, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and invites you for an amazing sightseeing tour on SEGWAY.It is absolutely the best way to see all the city’s most important places and secrets while having fun riding this unique personal transporter.We offer exclusive tours on Segway personal transporters for individuals and small groups (max 5 persons)*. Choose from our spectacular city tours or design your own tour!*Segway tours are limited to small groups, so we guarantee an intimate experience!
Oslo, Norway
“Fun for a high price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I (18 years old) enjoyed the segway tour quite well. The price (pricerange: 25€-59€) was a little high compared to the value of the experience. We chose the recommended tour "Old Harbour". Halfway through our feet were very sore, but the guide had planned a brake by the dock (puh!). The guide speaks very well english and is fun and friendly. the new intercom-system-thing works well.
We recommend you go to the toilet before the tour, as the parts on cobblestone can be quite uncomfortable if your bladder is full...
Fun, but expensive experience!

Visited July 2013
Despina K, Ιδιοκτήτης at Chania Segway Tours, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Ηι! Thank you for your review!!
We are happy you enjoyed the Segway Tour! Please keep in mind that our prices are of the cheapest in Europe and that Segway itself is a very expensive machine. You had a sightseeing tour covered a big distance and got to see the highlights of our city. We offer a big range of other tours, cheaper and shorten which are meant to meet all people's needs.
Best Regards
Despoina Koutrouli

• Greek first
Singapore, Singapore
“A Great Way to See Chania Old City & Port”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My kids (13, 11) were really excited to do a Segway tour on our trip to Greece, and I can't think of a prettier city to do it in than Chania Old Port.

We were really let down after our Segway tour on our last day in Athens fell through when we got bumped off despite having made reservations. There was one final stop on our trip where Segway was available - Chania - so I decided to go for it. My email to Despina got a quick reply and within a couple of days, she had it all sorted out - she checked the bus schedule from the small village we were staying in, directions from the bus stop to the Segway office, taxi to the Airport, the duration of the various transfers...and voila, she managed to fit a Segway tour for the 3 of us, just in time for our departure from Greece!

We knew we had no time to lose as we dragged our luggage from the bus stop to the airport. So we were relieved to spot a Segway staff (Vicky) who came out to met us halfway since it's quite a few twists and turns to find the office. I was nervous about being on wheels but after 10 minutes of the patient staff training us, the Segway was really easy to get used to. VIcky was an excellent guide as she manoeurvered us through Chania. While most of the tour was on pavement and pretty pedestrian streets, there is a small part of it that is on small roads. Vicky always had an eye out for traffic and as long as you follow Vicky's rules, it is pretty safe since the cars seemed quite accustomed to the Segways. A bonus: Segway staff would also take photographs of us along the way and email these to us at no extra charge, really freeing up the need for us to bring along our camera.

The picturesque sights of the Old City and Port in this tour are lovely. My favourite: Cruising on the Segway alongside the beautiful sea. In retrospect, we were so thankful we did the Seqway tour in Chania rather than Athens. We are truly grateful for the wonderful staff here who accommodated us so that it could happen... and enabled my kids to end our Greece trip on a high!

Visited July 2013
“A nice way to tour Chania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We found it great fun to roll around the city this way. And the guide was very effective and friendly. Segway is just a great way to do sightseeing!

Athens, Greece
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My two girls saw this on street while on vacation in Chania and asked if they could try it. At first I was a bit reluctant but when I saw them so cool and joyful I tried myself along with my wife. It was awesome. Really fun and easy to ride. We made a long distance, then got off to have ice creams and the back on to continue our ride. Aris and Vicky are wonderful people and helped us a lot.
Don't miss it!

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
“A fun and exciting way to visit the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the sour a lot. We visited the Turkish area of the city and saw many interesting sights. Our guide was knowledgable and took many good photos of us!

Visited June 2013