“Tremendous” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cheltenham, England
“Tremendous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the start of our holiday in July. We had a suite - room 1 - as we were a party of 3. It was superb. Spotlessly clean with excellent facilities and a great view from the terrace. Fanis and his Mum Georgia cannot do enough for you and for ease I would recommend having the breakfast. For 5 euro per person it is full of loads of goodies and there is plenty. It is a great location for exploring the area with or without a car. The daily sunsets over the bay are amazing. We will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: The wifi in room 1 was excellent - probably because it is alongside reception.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Grenoble, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Incredible value! Fanias and his mum are so warm and friendly. The apartments are spotless. Unbelievable view of the Med from our apartment. The hotel is set on a quiet hill just back from the main road. So you have easy access to buses going east and west.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our holiday in Crete was lovely, mostly because of how wonderful our room was and how accomodating Fanis and his mum were! They really bent over backwards to give us advice on the best places to eat, and things to see, and would show us a map of how to get there too.

The studio room was a good size and nicely decorated, air conditioned, and the fridge was very useful. The shower can take a while to warm up sometimes but in the cretan heat we barely noticed. Everything is kept pristine.

Don't skip on the breakfast, it is amazing and will keep you full till dinner (though with all the wonderful food on offer in Crete it's impossible to skip lunch really..)!! Served on the private balcony overlooking the sea, there really is no better way to start the day. It was the kind of luxury money can't buy!

I think the best part was the view, all rooms have a wonderful view from their individual balconies over the coast. It was also excellent value and well within our budget as a young couple. It's also very well placed, very private and secluded but near to all local amenities (there is a supermarket and a car hire about 50 yards away, as well as various tavernas on the seafront) and an hour's wander from Chania. I recommend hiring a car as that is really the only way to see the mountains, and they are even more beautiful than the coast. Fanis knows the owner of the car hire and kindly called ahead to get us a discount. We will definitely return if we stay in the area again.

Room Tip: The studio sleeps 2 in a double bed. All rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SPb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

A lot of thanks Fanis and his mother Georgia for our wonderful holiday!!! Everything was superb - cozy and very clean apartment with great sea view (including such a surprise, as a private patio); delicious breakfast was made by Georgia right on the your terrace; 5 min on foot to the nearest good sandy beach Kalamaki; 2 min to the bus station to Chania; many taverns close to the hotel. And of course the VERY WARM hospitality and readiness to help you in any situation from Fanis and Georgia!! We were as good as at home! Thank you again! Really want to go back!! )))

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 2013-06-03 till 2013-06-05. It was very good apartments for me and my friend with romantic atmosphere. Balcony with sea view, candles and very comfortable bed with canopy. Apartment is spacious, clean andvery good equipped. There were salt, pepper, olive oil, other spices and a bottle of water in the fridge. We were greeted by friendly host with ice cream!
Excellent breakfest for good price, witch we enjoed every morning on our balcony.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Greece and Crete. We stayed at Villa Georgia for 8 nights at the end of May. Our apartment was spacious and very clean. Sea view breakfast was the big selling point and it was well worth it. However, there’s more to Villa Georgia than just their breakfast.

Kalamaki Nea Kydonia is a beautiful side of Crete. A couple of minutes walk from Villa Georgia you will find some of the prettiest beaches in Crete. The sort of beaches you dream of on a dull Monday morning in the office.

Chania is a short bus journey from Villa Georgia. Bus tickets cost 1.5 Euros and busses are frequent. Every 20 minutes I believe. The weather was so good. On a couple of occasions we walked it to Chania from Villa Georgia.

Kalamaki Nea Kydonia has some of the best places to eat and drink, and if you get tired of Greek food there’s a fantastic Italian restaurant five minutes’ walk from Villa Georgia. I live in London and London offers some of the best Italian restaurants, but this place was special. I can’t believe I’m saying this but this place served the best Italian food we have ever tasted. And so cheap considering the quality of food and service.

Forget everything I have just said, I’d go back to Villa Georgia just to see Fanis and his mum (owners) again. Fanis is a legend. He is the sort of guy who doesn’t keep good things for himself, he will share. He made our holiday/anniversary one to remember. At first I wasn’t sure about hiring a car in Crete and driving around without a sat nav, but every morning Fanis spend time with us planning our day trips and making sure we took the best route to our destination. You just have to take my word and trust Fanis, he knows what he’s talking about. He sent us to the best sites and best restaurants. Balos was an unforgettable day for us. Ask Fanis about the restaurant in the village near Balos. I wish I was there right now.

Now Fanis, if you are reading this then I’m sorry, I have to have my nag! Otherwise I wouldn’t be doing righteous to my fellow travellers.

Villa Georgia is almost perfect, but not perfect. I’m a football supporter and I have to have my dose of BBC football gossip every day. Especially at this time of year, the crazy season. We had major internet issues in room 5. Issues with router or something and the internet was very moody, which meant I was very moody on days of no football gossip :) My other issue was with the shower. It took too long for water to get hot and the water pressure wasn’t great. Who cares? I’d give an arm and a leg to be back at Villa Georgia right now!

In the past 5 years I‘ve travelled to 20 countries around the world and I have stayed in many hotels, B&Bs, shacks and apartments. From 5 stars to 1 star, I’ve tasted it all. Only at Villa Georgia I felt that I am leaving friends behind. I will return to Villa Georgia and I will return soon.

Room Tip: Room 1, 2 & 3 will have the best internet connections, if you want internet that is.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
firenze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have been in Crete for 7 days (from the 28 of April to the 4 of May) and we have a beutiful stay at Villa Georgia, that is near Chania. Fanis, the owner, and his mother, with their kindness and with all informations about what to see and where you can eat, have contributed a lot to this wonderful holiday.
Villa Georgia is sitted in a very good position, near Chania, near the sea and you can reach the best places from there. The cleaning is more than you can expect and when you arrive, Fanis welcomes with coffee and some drinks....you can't ask more than this!!! I've never found people like these...you feel like being at home.... Fanis loves his work and his island and if you follow is suggestions you'll find how beautiful is Crete!!! Dont' miss Villa georgia.
Thanks again
Sandra

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa Georgia Hotel? Share your experiences!