“Romantic Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant since 1989 with a passion for high quality food and caring service. Traditional Greek and Cretan local cuisine, including century- old dishes of Turkish and Jewish influence on Cretan food. Specialties are cooked in ceramic pots on a wood -burning stove. We use only local and fresh ingredients . Situated in a romantic and quiet, graphic small lane in the heart of the old Venetian Port . Outdoor seating, Ideal for special occasions. Very suitable for families with children. Live Greek music in the evening. Closed during the winter months.
Ostrava, Czech Republic
“Romantic Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After had a dinner in the Chania Harbour, walking around the narrow streets of the Old Town, our attention was caught by some musiciants playing some tradictional Greek Songs ...
Crossed this sort of small passage, we have found a pretty nice restaurant, in a really pictoresque environment.
I had already red the review on TA, so we promise to come back the eve before to leave.
Kept the word, we had a lovely dinner, with live music, nice angle of Chania ... an angle you must discover.
The price are slightly more expensive then normal, but meal is generally good.
Maybe to expensive was the mix started for two person ... but , all in all ... good value for money, especially the lamb ...
Staff is really busy, but the owner, somehow, try to give the right attention to everybody.
Worth a visit... not the usual touristic place .

• 4 of 5 stars Food
margie p, Owner at To XANI, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you. Yes, we do our best to give the right attention and good service to everybody.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cardiff
“A gem not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We travelled to Greece in June to celebrate my 30th birthday and as a surprise, my partner had booked To Xani for the evening of my birthday. We had a really super evening. When we arrived, the staff welcomed us and all the family came to the table to wish me a happy birthday. The family and staff were relaxed, warm and tended to our every need.
The food was really faultless, it tasted amazing and we could taste how fresh and well cooked it was. The chef and owner came to take our order for the starter and suggested some of their signature dishes and they didn't disappoint. We also orders a kilo of the house red, which again, didn't disappoint.
The setting and atmospher was perfect, the tables line a winding, vine covered cobbled back street and the live music added the perfect ambience and authenticity - especially when the staff sat with them and joined in.
After asking for the bill, the lights dimmed and we were served a delicious complimentary pudding served with candles, a sparkler and all the family singing happy birthday. We were treated like kings and this really is a special place to always remember my 30th birthday by. Thank you to all at To Xani, you have a wonderful gem here and I would 100% recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking a relaxed, traditional, reasonbly priced experience.
If you are going to Chania and you favour the nicer things in life, To Xani will be up your street!
Ben and Lee

margie p, Owner at To XANI, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Birthdays are important for many and we enjoy helping people celebrate theirs! Thank you.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came across this restaurant one evening after we had already eaten, but were persuaded to go in and have a look around. So we came back the following night and were certainly not disappointed. The location and atmosphere are superb, the food is good and the waiters are attentive. A good place for a romantic evening out.

margie p, Owner at To XANI, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
My place is very romantic in the evening..Thank you.
Hofstade, Brabant, Belgium
“Truly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The first time I came to this lovely restaurant, I was out on my own and I was attracted by the athmosfere, the intimite location and the promise of fresh local dishes. It was also the only place I passed that seemed to be frequented by locals instead of tourists only. I was not disappointed. The next two times, I came back for the fantastic food (and we only stayed in Chania for 5 days!). I promised my boyfriend he would have a good meal in To Xani and he wasn't dissapointed neither. Of course, apart from the food the ambiance was still fantastic. One night we even had some Greek customers spontaniously dancing to the (live) music.
Great food, nice staff, good price-quality, lovely ambiance and overall a fantastic restaurant. To the cook: do feel free to send me your dolmadakia recipe ;-)

margie p, Owner at To XANI, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you again and again and again...
Lisboa
“Nice food, nice service, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

After trying to eat in two restaurants before ( one too expensive and very tourist trap and the other we quitted after no one was there to wait us) we stumbled upon this restaurant which I had read from TA and finally we had a great meal! The staff was very attentive and polite. They told us the meals were cooked in the traditional way. It certainly felt so.The portions are very fit and not very expensive, the wine was good. At the end they offered Raki and yogurt when we asked for the bill.

An exclent way to finish our visit to Hania

• Visited July 2013
margie p, Owner at To XANI, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you. Yes, TA has helped people find my "hidden " restaurant.